No announcement yet.

I drank coffee out of desperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too found the botox worked well, but wear off by the 3 mons, I got it every 3 mons for a couple of years.

Eventually with some treatments for ic symptoms, my headaches improved.

I never did get them with periods.

Goodluck MG
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Toto View Post
      Phoenixgirl...thanks for mentioning the tea. I'm definitely interested in trying it.

Thanks Donna! I will check out the Kava and give it a try. In fact, I think I've seen it in my travels but never thought of what it was until now.

Mothergoose, thanks for the support and suggestions! I've actually tried most migraine meds on the market over the last 20+ years. I take Frova currently (tried most of the triptans and I go back and forth with them). Just a triptan doesn't do the trick and usually I have to take Naproxen also, plus the caffeine. The problem is I get migraines very frequently and sometimes my period will set them off for a week or more. And there's a limit on the triptans, as I'm sure you know. I also take a preventative called Verapamil and am in my third month of Botox shots. The botox is pretty good for the first couple months but wears off as it is doing now. In two weeks I will get the shot again and hope to find relief. SUCH a pain! And what's a nuisance is that my IC is often triggered when a migraine hits. I need a NEW body!

Thanks for listening.
      I forgot to mention that I am having good luck with the triptan medicine Axert for my bad headaches. Causes no flaires. I know you said you tried them, but wanted to mention that
      And I do understand about the rebound effect with migraines. Once ina long while mine last for 3 days on and off.
      -Pammylynn Rose
      Wishing everyone a pain free bladder day!

Painful symptoms start in May 2011
      Diagnosed with IC in Aug 2011

MEDICATIONS
      Elmiron
      Axert (only for rare migraines)
      Strict IC diet
      Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

Comment

I never heard of Axert Pammylynn8! I am going to ask about it! Thanks for sharing. And I thought I tried them all!

I went out today to buy the Kava coffee and will try tomorrow. I felt better just thinking about it!

Don't know what I'd do without this site!
        Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

On mornings when i work (and would normally have coffee) I can take an Excedrin Migraine. It has caffeine, aspirin, and acetaminophen. Since my job is physical, it helps with the joint pain I have, and also gives me the kick of caffeine I'm missing.
          It is also a great med for migraine, but only if you take it early in the headache cycle.
          Tyler's coffee is good... not great. But it's the best substitute I've tried. I get the caffeinated type, as caffeine doesn't bother my bladder, if I don't use it everyday.
          Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X