Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some input on cheese

Hi All,

I am looking for some input about cheese choices from those of you who do eat cheese now. I want to try some cheese on my daily sandwich at lunch. I am pretty diet sensitive. If you had to say which cheese you felt was the safest all around choice, let me know what it is. Swiss, American, etc. Opinions from fellow diet sensitive people would be especially useful. Please mention brand names when possible.

Thanks everyone!

Karen

I'm somewhat diet sensitive. I safely eat American, mozzarella, & Monteray Jack cheeses. If I am not flaring I will eat a little of a mild cheddar.

Comment

Just wondering how many tolerate Feta cheese? I usually eat sheep feta but am not quite sure if it is bothering me

Comment

I'm ok with feta, mozzarella, string, cottage, and cream cheeses. I'm a pretty careful label reader because I've learned that not all of these cheeses are "safe". I avoid cheeses with sulfates, acidic preservatives, or vinegar in them. So, I read labels before I buy..
        Hope that helps a little!
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

safe cheeses

Hi,
          I seem to be able to tolerate mozzarella and feta, and will eat those if I'm out for dinner. For regular at-home 'safe' cheese, I eat the kind that's made out of rice. Does it taste exactly like mozzarella, or cheddar? Does it melt well? Nope, not even close, but the 'mozzarella style' rice shredded cheese isn't bad on salads. The natural food store 'Mom's' carries this, and I'm guessing Whole Foods probably does as well.
          Ellen

Comment

I can eat mozzarella, feta, white cheddar, farmer's cheese, cream cheese, non smoke provolone, monterey jack, and baby bel light. On a good day I can eat some parmesan.
            God grant me the Serenity to get through each day and get home to my fur babies and my loving husband.
            -Currently Taking: Atarax, Cystoprotek, Folic Acid, Acidopholus, Prelief, and Prevacid.

Comment

I am VERY diet sensitive. I can only tolerate mozzarella and white american. I use boar's head brand because it doesn't contain preservatives.
              ~Valery~
              Dx with IC 3/2009 - Cysto w/Hydro
              Meds: Elmiron (400mg), Atarax (10mg), Elavil (20mg), Pyridium (as needed)

Comment

Valery,

I couldn't agree with you more. You cannot beat Boar's Head. Take the list of ingredients of Boar's Head and hold it up to any other brand. Boar's Head uses the least amount of additives by far. I am very diet sensitive and have had no problem with the american cheese. On your recommendation, I am going to try the Boar's Heas Mozzarella so I can have something different. Thanks so much for your input.
                Karen

Comment

Cheese:Vingegar

I buy the Trader Joe's organic Mozzarella block and sometimes the Sprouts (like a Whole Foods market) brand mozzarella. But, I thought all mozzarella is made with vinegar. I'm not sure if it causes a flare or not yet. I've been stressed a bit and frequency is up a tiny bit. So, I don't know. Guys, does anyone use a brand that does not have vingegar in it?

Comment

Originally posted by AnewLiz View Post
                    I buy the Trader Joe's organic Mozzarella block and sometimes the Sprouts (like a Whole Foods market) brand mozzarella. But, I thought all mozzarella is made with vinegar. I'm not sure if it causes a flare or not yet. I've been stressed a bit and frequency is up a tiny bit. So, I don't know. Guys, does anyone use a brand that does not have vingegar in it?
                    Boar's Head Mozzarella does not have vinegar in it.
                    ~Valery~
                    Dx with IC 3/2009 - Cysto w/Hydro
                    Meds: Elmiron (400mg), Atarax (10mg), Elavil (20mg), Pyridium (as needed)

Comment

Working...
                    X