Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuziQ64
    replied
    I tried the baking soda shooter before but thought it caused me to flare or maybe it was really something else and I blamed it on the baking soda. Has anyone else been adversely affected?

Suzi

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    It worked great for me. I have low blood pressure so I'm not concerned with the sodium at this point. I think I read somewhere that it wasn't a good idea to drink it too concentrated as the water is what helps it get to the kidneys and bladder quickly. They also make tablets but I assume you would need to have water handy with them. It may be more convenient if you're not at home though. I wish I had known about this trick when my symptoms very first started. Best thing ever for a bad flare (was for me anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Rocklandgal
    replied
    The baking soda works fabulous for me. It gives me relief nearly every single time and pretty fast too. I mix it with about a quarter cup of water. Then I follow it up with a few good slugs of water to get rid of the taste. It DOES taste gross, but when I have pain, it is more than worth it to me. I would not imagine that it would be a good thing to take often. But, it doesn't cause me any problems because I only use it every once in a while.
    Karen

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Some people mix the soda in a very small amount of water, then follow up with a full glass of plain water. I can't take it with my blood pressure so I use Tums instead and they do help me out of a flare.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• chey
    replied
    I'll try the shot later and tell you all how it works.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    baking soda

Originally posted by chey View Post
    But it works. Can I take a shot of a small amount of the baking soda + water, instead of mixing it into a full glass?

Has anyone else had success with the baking soda tactic? And are you concerned with the sodium content?
    Hi,
    I find the baking soda to be very helpful. It really seems to calm my bladder when it's cranky.

I've never tried just a shot, but it seems like that would make it grosser still as the baking soda would taste would be more concentrated.

I don't worry about the sodium content of the B.S., but I don't have any BP issues. If your BP tends to run high, then that could be a concern.

Laurie

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    It works, and I agree, it's not a beverage of choice. I've not tried drinking it in more concentrated form. I think part of why it works is that it's enough liquid to dilute whatever annoyed my bladder, so for myself, I've not changed the formula. Sometimes I follow up two hours later with 2 plain white TUMS and that seems to make it even more effective.

Leave a comment:

• chey
    started a topic The baking soda + water mix is totally gross

The baking soda + water mix is totally gross

But it works. Can I take a shot of a small amount of the baking soda + water, instead of mixing it into a full glass?

Has anyone else had success with the baking soda tactic? And are you concerned with the sodium content?
Working...
X