Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coconut-Derived Liquid Aminos as a Soy Sauce substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut-Derived Liquid Aminos as a Soy Sauce substitute?

Has anyone had any luck finding a soy sauce substitute? I'm not a huge fan of soy sauce by itself but it's in a lot of my old recipes, and I was wondering if anyone had any luck with liquid aminos as a replacement?

Also, soy-derived liquid aminos are a lot easier to find and I'm not sure if that would really be a problem, since they're just the proteins derived from soy?

If you have any insight or other ideas for soy sauce alternatives, I would definitely appreciate some input!

I'm also looking for a mayonnaise substitute or a recipe for homemade mayonnaise that doesn't involve vinegar or lemon juice.
    Last edited by kipperblossom; 09-27-2014, 02:33 PM.

Re: Coconut-Derived Liquid Aminos as a Soy Sauce substitute?

Hi, I'm a few months into the IC diet & still trying to figure it out, too. Yesterday I bought some coconut aminos (Its called soy-free seasoning sauce by Naked Coconuts. Although I'm in Canada, I've read of other brands available in the US). I tried it on some rice last night and was pleasantly surprised! Its not soy sauce and tastes a bit different, but close enough for to the trick for me. I can't wait to go for sushi now!!

Comment

Working...
    X