Beef Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Brisket

Does anyone have a beef brisket recipe that would be good for St Patricks Day and safe for the bladder and maybe gluten-free?

Re: Beef Brisket

This is not my recipe nor have I tried it. I saw your question about beef brisket and was curious if there was a recipe out there. I found it at http://interstitial-cystitis-recipes...crock-pot.html

IC Friendly Brisket in a Crock Pot

In my search for IC friendly recipes I ran across this one for slow cooked brisket and onions. We have always eaten brisket with barbeque sauce of some kind so I was anxious to see what this would taste like. Now right away I knew I had to omit the soy sauce and worchestershire sauce. Would that weaken the flavor? After all, the ingredients are there for a reason (like substituting for the barbeque sauce I couldn't eat anymore). Well, I'm happy to say I didn't even miss them or the barbeque sauce. The beef broth did the trick. Here is my smaller version of this recipe.

Brisket in a Crock Pot
    small beef brisket (mine was probably only 2 pounds)
    2 tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper
    1 large onion
    2-3 cloves of garlic
    1-1/2 cups beef broth

Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add brisket and brown both sides. Move brisket to crock pot. Add a little more olive oil to skillet if necessary. Add onion and garlic. Saute until tender. Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Loosen anything adhering to the skillet. Add liquid mixture to the crock pot.

Cover crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender.

I know some of you cannot use ordinary off-the-shelf beef broth when cooking. It doesn't bother my IC and since it is not on the "usually problematic" list at the IC Network, I am including this recipe. If you have the patience to make homemade beef broth, please use that instead.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Working...
    X