I like to cook 2-3 chicken breasts and store in the 'frig for those "throw together", last minute meals when time, energy, and patience are short.
Chicken can be added to so many dishes and it's nice when it's already cooked and on hand. I like to put it on English muffins with some pesto and mozzarella cheese and toast it in the oven. I like to put some on homemade pizzas. I like to put it on salads with lots of veggies and cheese for a chef salad. And as you'll see below, I love it with pasta. I also like to keep on hand a jar of Bertolli Lite Alfredo Sauce, and a couple of jars of roasted red peppers.

To prepare the chicken for meals:

1) Cut up 2-3 chicken breasts into chunky pieces
2) Put about 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and add the raw chicken pieces
3) Season chicken with garlic powder, dried sweet basil, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
4) Cook all sides of chicken until chicken is cooked through and none of it is pink
5) Remove chicken from skillet and when cool, store in plastic bag in 'frig

Now you've got chicken that's cooked and ready to go for all sorts of meals for the week!

Here's a "throw together" meal I had for dinner last night.

Quickie Chicken Pasta

1) Prepare some angel hair pasta and put about 1 cup of cooked pasta on a plate
2) Add about 1/3 cup of the Lite Alfredo Sauce to the pasta.
3) Pull a roasted red pepper from the jar, dice it up and add it to your pasta
4) Take some of the cooked chicken, cut it up into bite sized pieces and sprinkle it on your pasta
5) Drizzle the pasta/chicken with a little olive oil to keep it from getting sticky and gummy
6) Put the plate of pasta in the microwave till it's heated through
7) Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and ENJOY!

Add a side salad and it makes for a YUMMY meal.