Official dinners and office Christmas party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official dinners and office Christmas party

Agree with miniguinea. I have a friend who invented a relative and then invented a party for the invented relative--just to avoid her staff Christmas party. She was embarrassed she did that and I just sat back & admired her creativity under pressure!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I like that. Imaginary friends are so helpful sometimes.

Comment

Kadi, I live in San Diego and we just had our holiday brunch and sure enough...Mexican! Or as I call it "Mexican't" I tried to be polite so I asked about ingredients and got the plainest fajita I could find...bad idea! So then today we had a going away lunch for a coworker and guess where it was...MEXICAN! This time I said screw it and brought my own food! Whenever someone made a comment I changed the subject, worked pretty good.

Comment

Whenever we have things at school they always order Italian for the catering. I bring my own food and just dare someone to say something.
          ----------------------------------------------------
          My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
          25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
          culturelle in the morning
          SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
          zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
          Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
          uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
          No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

Hi, just to keep you posted, I didn't went to the official Christmas dinner at my department, I was simply to tired. And again, the prospect of not being able to drink or eat what they have ordered made me anxious. I think when I definitely know my diagnosis I will handle the social situations better.
            Merry Christmas
            Pernille
            Struggling with urethral pain for 19 years. When it started in 95 I was told this was psychosomatic. I coped quite well with lots of remissions. Just when I got nervous and was stressed I had urethral pain and felt like I had to pee all the time.
            Cysto/hydro with biopsies in 2012, result: no IC. Had a first, second and third opinion and the result was always PFD or chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I encourage everyone with these symptoms to get a proper diagnosis! I am doing physiotherapy based on yoga exercises, I had been pain free for almost a year... Now unfortunately it is back. So I am still struggeling
            Greetings from Denmark!

Comment

Just went to another one. Among other things, chocolate cake for desert. But the gluten free people (which I am not and everyone knows that) got creme brule sp? ! So I got nothing.

Comment

Gosh, and they know about your disease and the diet? I understand that you are frustrated and angry. But regarding creme brûlée, isn't that usually IC friendly? Maybe I'm mistaken. I had creme caramel and know others who think it is ok.
                Struggling with urethral pain for 19 years. When it started in 95 I was told this was psychosomatic. I coped quite well with lots of remissions. Just when I got nervous and was stressed I had urethral pain and felt like I had to pee all the time.
                Cysto/hydro with biopsies in 2012, result: no IC. Had a first, second and third opinion and the result was always PFD or chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I encourage everyone with these symptoms to get a proper diagnosis! I am doing physiotherapy based on yoga exercises, I had been pain free for almost a year... Now unfortunately it is back. So I am still struggeling
                Greetings from Denmark!

Comment

Actually, they don't know. Only my very close immediate circle knows. The creme brulee would have been fine, but it was only offered to the gluten free few (who are very vocal about their issues). That is one reason I have chosen not to say much. I have found people with all their food issues to be quite annoying. Sometimes I think that is why I am being punished now. Maybe I wasn't sympathetic enough. On the other hand, so many of these types really are pretty tough to deal with. They seem to be of the opinion that there is either something wrong with the food or something wrong with the people who eat it. I know there is nothing wrong with the food or the people who eat it. There is only something wrong with me. So, I keep my mouth shut. All the while listening to other people proudly tell everyone everything they can't eat. This is especially frustrating when there are only a few things they can't eat (while there are only a few things I can). But that is what everyone gets to hear. I have to be polite, spread around my plate what I can have, and keep my mouth shut. I just don't want to ever become one of "them."

Comment

I don't have any problem at all letting people know that I have a problem with some foods. I have at times simply said I have food allergies. I believe the definition of a food allergy is that if I eat (or drink) it, it causes a problem --- inasmuch as some foods and drinks cause me extreme pain --- I see that as a problem. And I say it with a smile. Yes, there are times there is very little available that I can eat, but a simple "No, thank you" works okay for me and I either have a snack before I go, or when I get home.

Donna
                    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                    X