IC Friendly Food in Mason Jar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC Friendly Food in Mason Jar

Anyone have some ideas for dry ingredients (ic friendly) to put in mason jars as gifts? Thinking it could be a good way of sharing ic friendly recipes with family and friends at Christmas.
    Tried Elmiron, Elavil, Atarax, Botox...with no success and/or adverse reactions.

Current: self administered bladder installations (down to 2x a day per dr advice), Lamictal, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Zyrtec occasionally, Prelief, Tramadol, Oxycodone, Trimethoprim at bedtime, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Flector patch, Tens Unit, warm baths, other forms of heat therapy, IC diet, Gluten/Wheat free diet, vitamins and Premarin because of hysterectomy and osteoporosis.

Have difficulty getting pain under control from IC and other health issues. I've pretty much accepted it as part of my life.

I am thankful for supportive family and friends. Not everyone is supportive all of the time, but I am so thankful for the support I do receive.

I pray for healing for all and for a cure.

Re: IC Friendly Food in Mason Jar

How about oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips? Or white hot chocolate mix (dry milk, powdered sugar, white chocolate powder), white chocolate chip cookies, canned homemade apple or pear sauce, homemade granola or trail mix with IC safe ingredients, peanut brittle, multi-colored popcorn,

Not food: Lavender or Peppermint scented bath salts (Epsom salts is so cheap!), lavender or peppermint scented coconut oil (great in your hair as a conditioner!)...or if people are dog/cat lovers, jars with treats from bulk food at PetCo.

Wow, you have me thinking!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Thank you for the awesome ideas! They all sound great. I have a bit of an obsession with mason jars so I thought it would be good to use some for diy gifts. (I made soap pump jars last year) I've had my ic diagnosis for years but the diet restrictions are still misunderstood by most of my loved ones...which is totally my fault. I'm thinking this could be a fun way to expose them to more ic friendly foods. And I love the non-food ideas too! I think the Epsom salts is a great idea. Budget friendly gifts are very helpful.
      Thanks again!
      Tried Elmiron, Elavil, Atarax, Botox...with no success and/or adverse reactions.

Current: self administered bladder installations (down to 2x a day per dr advice), Lamictal, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Zyrtec occasionally, Prelief, Tramadol, Oxycodone, Trimethoprim at bedtime, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Flector patch, Tens Unit, warm baths, other forms of heat therapy, IC diet, Gluten/Wheat free diet, vitamins and Premarin because of hysterectomy and osteoporosis.

Have difficulty getting pain under control from IC and other health issues. I've pretty much accepted it as part of my life.

I am thankful for supportive family and friends. Not everyone is supportive all of the time, but I am so thankful for the support I do receive.

I pray for healing for all and for a cure.

Comment

I have a friend who wrote a cookbook using the jars. It is out of print now but I just looked and there are used copies on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/096661190X

I don't get anything for referring and neither does he. Just wanted to throw it out there!
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

What great ideas. I had a neighbor give me homemade laundry detergent that was fantastic. Very mild and worked really really well!

Jill
          Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Working...
          X