Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza

We just got back from a potluck. I wanted to make sure there was something I could eat so I ordered a sauceless pizza from our local pizza place. I ordered it with spinach, black olives and light cheese. I got so many compliments on how good it was and someone told me it tasted like a gourmet pizza. I will definitely bring this again. And no cooking for me!

Which restaurant was this? Since we're neighbors & all....
    Glad you found something that worked out so well!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

New York Pizza in downtown Pleasanton but I've ordered this from other places and really enjoy it. Now my husband and oldest daughter like pizza bettter without sauce. We have to order a larger one like this and just a smaller regular pizza for my other kids.

Comment

My family likes pizza without sauce. I just order it that way.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I love pizza without sauce, I'd order that all the time - even when my bladder reached the point of being able to tolerate the sauce, I still got it without!
          Hugs,
          Tracey
          How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
          IC dx'd Nov 2004
          Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
          Possible IBS
          Current IC Meds
          Vistaril 25mg in the evening
          Previous IC Meds taken:
          Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
          Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
          Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
          Others:
          Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
          Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
          Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
          Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I can actually eat pizza with sauce, not a lot maybe just a splattering. My son is actually a manager at a Papa Johns and when i want one he will say something like "ok you will get it" of course sometimes it might take him a while to actually make it and bring on home so I usually tell him that I will order one from Gatti's he looks at me and says "trader!" but of course that works just fine as that night I will get what I want.

Comment

traceann,
              What did you do to get to the point where you could tolerate sauce?
              Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

It was about a year or so after the meds and being on the diet - and then not a lot, so I'd order it with "light" sauce OR I'd ask for my sauce on the side so I could dip my slice in it and not get too much! Hope this helps!
                Hugs,
                Tracey
                How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                Previous IC Meds taken:
                Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                Others:
                Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I have found that I can tolerate the "bordelaise" sauce at California Pizza Kitchen. It does have some white wine in it. It's on their Garlic Chicken Pizza (I order without the onions) and I also ask for it on the Roasted Pepper and Goat cheese pizza. I take Prelief before and I only have about 2-3 pieces (which is all I would have anyway). Someone in my local support group mentioned that she could eat it safely, so I tried it. If I have more than three pieces, it does bug me a little. But CPK is now my "go-to" eating out place.

I also like sauceless pizza. I make it at home with mozzerella, roasted peppers, and a little goat cheese. I think you taste the toppings more without the sauce.
                  Lori

40 y.o. mom, wife and marketing manager

"Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger." -- Moliere ("One should eat to live, not live to eat.")

IC symptoms began Feb 2010; diagnosed Mar 2010

Treatments:

Oral
                  Elmiron 3x day; Elavil 25 mg/day; Prelief (when I remember!); Benadryl and Prosed DS as needed for flares

Other
                  Acupuncture 2x/month; yoga; IC Diet; meditation and breathing exercises for stress; heating pad for flares

Comment

Working...
                  X