Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagamama
    replied
    I have found that I can tolerate the "bordelaise" sauce at California Pizza Kitchen. It does have some white wine in it. It's on their Garlic Chicken Pizza (I order without the onions) and I also ask for it on the Roasted Pepper and Goat cheese pizza. I take Prelief before and I only have about 2-3 pieces (which is all I would have anyway). Someone in my local support group mentioned that she could eat it safely, so I tried it. If I have more than three pieces, it does bug me a little. But CPK is now my "go-to" eating out place.

I also like sauceless pizza. I make it at home with mozzerella, roasted peppers, and a little goat cheese. I think you taste the toppings more without the sauce.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    It was about a year or so after the meds and being on the diet - and then not a lot, so I'd order it with "light" sauce OR I'd ask for my sauce on the side so I could dip my slice in it and not get too much! Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Snowden1
    replied
    traceann,
    What did you do to get to the point where you could tolerate sauce?

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I can actually eat pizza with sauce, not a lot maybe just a splattering. My son is actually a manager at a Papa Johns and when i want one he will say something like "ok you will get it" of course sometimes it might take him a while to actually make it and bring on home so I usually tell him that I will order one from Gatti's he looks at me and says "trader!" but of course that works just fine as that night I will get what I want.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    I love pizza without sauce, I'd order that all the time - even when my bladder reached the point of being able to tolerate the sauce, I still got it without!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My family likes pizza without sauce. I just order it that way.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• momto3
    replied
    New York Pizza in downtown Pleasanton but I've ordered this from other places and really enjoy it. Now my husband and oldest daughter like pizza bettter without sauce. We have to order a larger one like this and just a smaller regular pizza for my other kids.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Which restaurant was this? Since we're neighbors & all....
    Glad you found something that worked out so well!

Leave a comment:

• momto3
    started a topic Pizza

Pizza

We just got back from a potluck. I wanted to make sure there was something I could eat so I ordered a sauceless pizza from our local pizza place. I ordered it with spinach, black olives and light cheese. I got so many compliments on how good it was and someone told me it tasted like a gourmet pizza. I will definitely bring this again. And no cooking for me!
Working...
X