Super Bowl Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Menu

I've been scouring recipes for weeks looking for IC-friendly recipes to prepare for Super Bowl Sunday. I found some and after discussing them with my husband, here's what we're having:

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings

Ingredients
    2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and pat dry
    ¼ cup water
    1 tbsp molasses
    3 tbsp honey
    6 garlic cloves, finely minced
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp brown sugar

salt and pepper for seasoning chicken

Instructions
    If your chicken wings are whole, cut them into 3 pieces at the joints and discard wing tips.
    Preheat oven to 250 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    Salt and pepper the wings and then place them on the baking sheet.
    Bake them for about 4 hours, depending on the size of your wings. Rotate them every hour or so to make sure they bake evenly.
    Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Pour the mixture in a small saucepan and over medium heat bring the sauce to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until mixture reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes, it should reduce to about half.
    Place the cooked wings in a bowl and drizzle the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings in the bowl until each wing is fully coated.

Potato and Zucchini Fritters

Ingredients
    • 2 large zucchini, shredded
    • 4 large potatoes, shredded
    • ½ cup breadcrumbs
    • ¾ cup flour
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 cups mozzarella cheese
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 tbsp dried dill
    • vegetable oil for frying

Instructions
    1. Squeeze as much of the water from the fritters as possible. You can do this by placing the shredded zucchini in a clean dish towel or just using paper towels.
    2. In a big bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix well using your hands.
    3. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Take a spoon and drop a tablespoon of the potato zucchini mixture in the skillet, or use your hands to form a ball then flatten it for a patty. You can fry about 7 to 8 fritters at once. It will take a few minutes per side, about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip them over and fry on the other side.
    4. Once you remove them from the skillet, sprinkle some salt over them and serve

Garlic Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce

1 Tbsp Butter
    8 oz cream cheese (Philadelphia Brand, in a brick)
    1/ 2 Cup Milk
    2 Cloves Garlic
    2 tsp Chives

Directions:
    Melt butter over medium heat. Cook the garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and add cream cheese and milk. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly or sauce will scorch, until smooth and hot. Stir in chives. Serve as a dipping sauce for the Potato and Zucchini fritters.

Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Ingredients

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    4 ounces asiago cheese, freshly grated
    4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
    4 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated
    1 roasted red pepper (from a jar/roasted yourself), patted dry and chopped
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. If you use red peppers from a jar (in water), pat dry with a paper towel.
    In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, asiago, parmesan, 3 ounces of fontina, red peppers, and pepper, and mash thoroughly with a fork. Place in an oven safe dish, then top with remaining fontina. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly on top. Serve hot with cut-up vegetables, crackers, or chips.
    Note: The original recipe also included 2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled, but I am omitting that because I don't do well with bacon.

8-Inch Round White Cake

2 cups granulated sugar
    2/3 cup margarine, softened
    5 large eggs
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    3 cups cake flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans. In a bowl, cream together sugar and margarine. Slowly beat in eggs. Add vanilla. Sift cake flour and baking powder, then add to mixture. Slowly add milk. Pour half of mixture into each pan. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

White Buttercream Icing

3 pounds powdered sugar, sifted
1 pound butter, softened
    1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 ounces whole milk

In a mixing bowl, add together all ingredients and mix with a paddle for 10 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Mix again for 5 minutes.

I will really have to try and pace myself because lately I seem to be sensitive to cheese. It's very difficult to find a super bowl recipe that doesn't have cheese, hot sauce, or mayonnaise.
    Last edited by Bladderella; 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: Super Bowl Menu

Wow, it all sounds yummy. I'll definitely put those recipes into my IC friendly recipe file!!

You guys having a party?

Experienced first symptoms in 2007
    Diagnosed with IC 6/13

Diagnosed with PFD (Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) 8/13

Medications: .5 mg. Ativan, occasionally for spasms

Supplements: DH Aloe Vera capsules, 3 per day for maintenance and 6-12 per day during flares

Following Strict IC Diet

Comment

Originally posted by LoriSue View Post
      Wow, it all sounds yummy. I'll definitely put those recipes into my IC friendly recipe file!!

You guys having a party?
      Nope. Not having a party. We're just huge NFL fans needing some eats that I can handle as we watch the game!

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Awesome list. I go for anything avocado myself!! Guacamole, pupu's (tortilla chips with refried beans, melted cheese, sour cream and guac) and maybe, as a drink, a hard pear cider though not when the IC is flaring!
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Working...
        X