Dried (or canned) bean recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried (or canned) bean recipes?

Does anyone have any recipes using dried (or canned) beans (pinto, kidney, etc.)? Most of the recipes I have contain too many spices that are not IC friendly.

When I make baked beans I use molasses unsulphured, brown sugar, or some honey or maple syrup, little S&P, and that's it. No tomato products. You have to slow bake them covered for quite a while but they are yummy and friendly. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

I just started a new vegetarian IC blog, and the first recipe I posted actually uses dried pr canned beans. You can modify the spices as much as you want, and use whatever kind of beans you have.

http://icvegetarian.tumblr.com/post/...-burgers-vegan

Comment

I'm a huge fan of yellow split pea soup...recipe right on the package is perfect!! Just had it tonight as a matter of fact, with sauteed onion, celery and carrot inside. I also love the veggie version of it!
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

beans

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
          I'm a huge fan of yellow split pea soup...recipe right on the package is perfect!! Just had it tonight as a matter of fact, with sauteed onion, celery and carrot inside. I also love the veggie version of it!
          Jill,
          Which package do you use?
          Thanks

Comment

I use beans fairly often in my cooking. They are cheap and there are lots of ways to prepare them. I usually use canned beans -- organic if possible and without any additives (just water and salt). I still rinse them really well anyways. I always make sure to take Beano too because my stomach is sensitive to the high fibre in them.

I make these really yummy sweet potato and bean tacos. I have posted that recipe and others that are IC-safe, gluten-free, and lactose-free on the food blog I have (just recipes to share, no ads selling stuff or anything like that).

You can click on the link "Good for Your Guts" in my signature.
            Me: Canadian. 31.

IC symptoms: Cramping, burning, frequency. Pain!

Pain management: Ibuprofen. AZO. Marijuana. Prelief. The IC Diet.

My IC-safe, Gluten-free, Lactose-free food blog:
            Good for Your Guts

Comment

I can vouch for Briza's bean recipe. It is easy to make, filling and very tasty. Last time, I made it with pink beans.

Comment

Working...
              X