Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Girl
    replied
    I can vouch for Briza's bean recipe. It is easy to make, filling and very tasty. Last time, I made it with pink beans.

Leave a comment:

• klite
    replied
    I use beans fairly often in my cooking. They are cheap and there are lots of ways to prepare them. I usually use canned beans -- organic if possible and without any additives (just water and salt). I still rinse them really well anyways. I always make sure to take Beano too because my stomach is sensitive to the high fibre in them.

I make these really yummy sweet potato and bean tacos. I have posted that recipe and others that are IC-safe, gluten-free, and lactose-free on the food blog I have (just recipes to share, no ads selling stuff or anything like that).

You can click on the link "Good for Your Guts" in my signature.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    beans

Originally posted by icnmgrjill View Post
    I'm a huge fan of yellow split pea soup...recipe right on the package is perfect!! Just had it tonight as a matter of fact, with sauteed onion, celery and carrot inside. I also love the veggie version of it!
    Jill,
    Which package do you use?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    I'm a huge fan of yellow split pea soup...recipe right on the package is perfect!! Just had it tonight as a matter of fact, with sauteed onion, celery and carrot inside. I also love the veggie version of it!

Leave a comment:

• icvegetarian
    replied
    I just started a new vegetarian IC blog, and the first recipe I posted actually uses dried pr canned beans. You can modify the spices as much as you want, and use whatever kind of beans you have.

http://icvegetarian.tumblr.com/post/...-burgers-vegan

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    When I make baked beans I use molasses unsulphured, brown sugar, or some honey or maple syrup, little S&P, and that's it. No tomato products. You have to slow bake them covered for quite a while but they are yummy and friendly. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• midgiemom
    started a topic Dried (or canned) bean recipes?

Dried (or canned) bean recipes?

Does anyone have any recipes using dried (or canned) beans (pinto, kidney, etc.)? Most of the recipes I have contain too many spices that are not IC friendly.
Working...
X