Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is sugar banned on ic diet?????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is sugar banned on ic diet?????????????????

I have been having an awful time this year and just read a blog that said sugar is a culprit and eliminate it from the diet
    What about sugar in baking
    What about sugar in other recipes

I eat honey roasted cashews and almonds and wonder if there is sugar in there even if it is not on label
    IC: elavil - dizziness sleeplessness
    elmiron caused headaches
    pyridium as needed
    IC 2011
    seing uro gyn
    urethal prolapse (2005) mesh removed 2011
    PT for back and for pelvic floor
    instillations

Sugar is usually bladder friendly.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

sugar banned on ic diet

Thanks Donna
      I am followingthe IC diet and just wondered about sugar. I am looking for anything that lowers this IC pain. I had an instillation yesterday and that helped but the pain is still there.

Plus I am in pain from mesh for urethehal prolapse thathas to be taken out surgically, Trying to find relief any way I can.
      Thanks for links
      Betty
      elmiron caused headaches
      pyridium as needed
      IC 2011
      seing uro gyn
      instillations

Comment

Sugar is not banned on the most medically accepted forms of the diet. I am considering, however, to reduce it or ban it from mine, but that's about my pant size, not my bladder!

I have read in several pain management books, that blood sugar spikes can contribute to pain and fatigue levels. I've not experienced this myself, but if you think it might be a factor, you could reduce or eliminate sugar and see what happens.

I've never seen a correlation of sugar to my IC symptoms. It's actually one of the ironies to me that I can eat a sack of donuts with no IC symptom spike, but an apple or a banana can double me over in pain and make me want to go to the ER. When people hear I don't eat foods with chemicals, coffee, chocolate, pizza, etc. and they say things like, "Oh you must feel so healthy now.", I have to bite my tongue and not tell them what I really think about not being able to eat most fruits, vitamins, soy, etc, and that having a crappy bladder disease really doesn't make me feel healthy at all! Ok, sorry for rant... Thanks for "listening".
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

sugar

Thank you Kadi

I do nto know why but I read it on sme blog that once this lady stopped sugar her symptoms went away

My uro gyn does not want to giveme pain pill but RN said to trythe baking soda and naprosyn
          so I am doing that

I also take a prelief before each meal

Is granulated pre lief better
          I see that onepeople's list of meds and wonder why
          elmiron caused headaches
          pyridium as needed
          IC 2011
          seing uro gyn
          instillations

Comment

Hi, biagina ~ This isn't on your topic about sugar but I saw you're in pain from mesh used for your prolapse. I also had to have surgery to remove the mesh from my bladder suspension. Oh, was I ever in pain....between the newly diagnosed IC (which I feel resulted from the prolapse/hysto surgery 2 years prior) and vaginal erosion I was in tears almost 24/7. I'm so much better after the last 2 surgeries...one to remove the mesh and another to correct the prolapse again but I had a different doctor and different application...answer to prayers. The treatment for my IC is a huge success too, although I do need to keep on top of everything all the time.

Prayers for your surgery that all goes well. Keep us posted.
            Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
            8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
            8/2010 Surg gallbladder
            TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
            IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
            Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
            Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
            Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
            *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
            Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
            PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

sugar surgery

Thank you for your answer

I see almost everyone is on some sort of pain med

My surgeon has not put m eon anything but I just hadthe instillation
              I am on wayt o surgery but she wantsto do a pelvic MRi

I keep asking fro something for pain I do not understand how I am to go through surgery with IC like this

How do you drive
              How do you sleep
              I tried 25mg elavil for a week and I was up most of night I used to be able to take 10mga night with no problem

Now it seems I am up most of night anyway

Meds
              IC Diet
              ativan 1 mg 3x a day
              baking soda and naprosyn- afraid of bothas I am on lopressor for hbp and not sure if I should be on it
              elmiron caused headaches
              pyridium as needed
              IC 2011
              seing uro gyn
              instillations

Comment

I find simple carbs harder on my bladder then sugar, I limit both but for other reasons than IC.

I have read carbs (sugar is a carb), that they are now thought to cause inflammation in the body, so inflammation I think may also inflame the bladder so it may in fact make some peoples bladders worse.

This is just my experience and some research I have done.

MG
                My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

sugar banned on ic diet

thanks for response
                  I am trying very hard to get rid of this flare in preparation for mesh removal surgery

Every thing members write in helps me
                  elmiron caused headaches
                  pyridium as needed
                  IC 2011
                  seing uro gyn
                  instillations

Comment

Dairy and sugary foods are considered to be acid producing foods so I've always been confused as to why they seem to be ok for most people with IC/PBS. The second uro I saw recommended a dairy free diet to me and said I would be surprised at how many of his patients this helped.

Comment

is sugar banned from IC DIET

Thank you
                      I am stopping sugarthis wek but wondering, like you, how this fitsinto an IC diet
                      Today I want to make sugar cookies and oatmeal cookies which are on IC diet and have sugar!
                      elmiron caused headaches
                      pyridium as needed
                      IC 2011
                      seing uro gyn
                      instillations

Comment

You could try sweetening with pear juice. Many of the cookies I see in the health food store have been sweetened with a fruit juice and pear is considered to be ok with a lot of people. A friend of mine uses honey when she bakes in lieu of refined sugar but not sure if the honey is considered ok if you are eliminating all sugars even though it is a different type.

Comment

sugar banned on ic diet

Thanks You reminded me myd daughter gaveme a Honey Cookbook one Xmas
                          I will check the cookie recipes in there
                          elmiron caused headaches
                          pyridium as needed
                          IC 2011
                          seing uro gyn
                          instillations

Comment

As far as sugar goes and what your body does with it honey is sugar, or bodies treat fruit sugar a bit differently it is processed in the liver, it enters our systems slower.

I have no idea how any of this effects IC, just know if I stay away from simple carbs, sugar and starches, I feel better and don't flare as often.

MG
                            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

sugar

By carbs you mean pasta bread etc
                              I read in the cookbook for Ic that white bread is good for ic flare
                              elmiron caused headaches
                              pyridium as needed
                              IC 2011
                              seing uro gyn
                              instillations

Comment

Working...
                              X