Sunflower or Pumpkin Seed Pate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunflower or Pumpkin Seed Pate

This stuff is SOOOO awesome!! Use as a dip or spread.

Use optional ingredients only if tolerated by your bladder.

Sunflower or Pumpkin Seed Pate

1 1/2 cups raw unsalted sunflower or pumpkin seeds (or a combo of the two)
    1/4 to 1/2 cup water
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    handful of fresh parsley
    1/2 cup sliced leek (optional)
    salt to taste (optional)
    1/4 tsp white pepper (optional)

Throw everything in a blender or food processor and puree til it's as smooth as you like. It should be very thick, but add more water if needed. If using a blender you will need to stop and scrape the sides and rearrange everything throughout the process to get it thoroughly blended.

Spread on celery sticks, crackers, rice cakes, sandwiches, etc, use as a dip, or eat it straight out of the bowl.

Inspired by the nourishing meals website and agilityme
    Last edited by Briza; 12-11-2011, 12:34 PM.

Mmmmmmm......

Just got back from the store with some raw pumpkin seeds. Looking forward to using it collard wraps for lunch tomorrow

Pam

Comment

Briza I will have to try this. I am always looking for dip recipes!
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
      Naproxen:for pain as needed
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Originally posted by Briza
        Here's the link to the collard wraps that Pam mentioned, using the sunflower pate. They're super easy to make!

Hands down, these are the tastiest and prettiest things I've made in a while.
        We had these wraps for dinner tonight. Tweeked the wraps a bit and added some cooked brown rice instead of the salad mix in the original recipe. Tweeked the pate a bit too....it was really good.

1 C Raw pumpkin seed
        3 cloves roasted garlic
        Sea salt to taste.

Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan wih some sea salt then puree them in a food processor along with the roasted garlic and enough water to make it smooth.

Pam
        Last edited by SharonA; 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM. Reason: Removed site for advertising

Comment

Working...
        X