Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal in a Muffin Recipe

Hi all,
    Just made these muffins today during the big west coast storm.
    (Couldn't really go anywhere... Fortunately my power stayed on!)

These muffins are quite good & very filling.
    I calculated the calories & if you make 12 muffins from this, they come out to 184 calories per muffin, with only 0.5 g of sugar, 6.5 g protein, & 2.5g fiber. (I eliminated the nuts, so work that in if you decide to leave them in.)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,164,1...227200,00.html

Cheers,
    Kadi
    Last edited by kadi; 01-05-2008, 05:54 PM.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

PS- I made it with the carrots
    Kadi

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed

Comment

You always come up with the best recipes
      Thanks so much for sharing them. Stay safe in the storm
      Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

I know Kadi you always come up with the best recipes!!! You should publish your own recipe book for ic one day!!! You will be famous. instead of jamie oliver it will be Kadi's Kitchen!!
        Formerly lorenab

Comment

Great idea, except that I get most of my recipes on the internet. Basically, I think of what I'd like to eat, then google it & voila! someone has usually published a version I can tweak to make it IC-friendly.... Don't think anyone would like my taking credit for their ideas

But, thank you. It's nice to put the links here for other people to enjoy too.
          Can you believe I barely cooked before I got IC?
          Kadi

Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Pyridium if needed,

Comment

Working...
          X