Coconut Tortillas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Tortillas

I know there's a few of us with wheat/gluten issues on here so I'd thought I'd share this recipe. I just made these for the first time tonight and they were pretty quick and easy (*I didn't have coconut flour so I just grabbed some coconut and pulsed it in my coffee grinder and that worked just fine).
    http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/in...lour-tortillas
    Servings: 1 tortilla
    Preparation Time: 2 minutes

1 tablespoon coconut flour
    1/16 teaspoon baking powder
    2 egg whites (or, 3 tablespoons egg whites)
    2 tablespoons water or coconut milk*
    coconut oil/butter
    Mix the coconut flour and baking powder with the water (or milk) and egg whites. Whisk or blend until all lumps disappear (I usually mix, then wait a couple of minutes and mix again).

Pour all the batter on a heated pan greased with coconut oil or butter (grease well). Pour batter in center of pan. Tilt the pan around to spread the batter into a large circle, almost covering the entire bottom of the pan.

Be very careful with this part: wait until the edges are brown on the side of the tortilla, or carefully circle spatula around the bottom of tortilla until safe to flip. Once safe, flip the tortilla and cook for about 30 seconds on the other side.

Fill with cream, berries, enchilada filling - anything you like!

These are thin and delicate. Use them for low-carb enchiladas, sandwich wraps, or anything you can think of!

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Brandon, Dallas TX
    You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    ~ M.K. Ghandi

these sound amazing!
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
    X