• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits

A Paula Dean recipe. It is IC friendly.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html

Ingredients
    3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
    1/3 to 1/2 cup whole milk, as needed
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small bits

Directions

Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet (with butter, oil or cooking spray).

In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet potato and 1/3 cup milk. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with your hands, a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the sweet potato mixture and fold gently to combine. Add the remaining milk a little at a time until all the flour is moistened. The amount of milk you will need will depend on the moisture of the sweet potato.

Sprinkle a small handful of flour on a work surface. Turn the dough out onto the surface and knead lightly 2 to 3 times with the palm of your hand until the mixture comes together. Pat the dough out into a 1/2-inch-thick round.

Using a 2 1/2-inch-round biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits. Gently reroll the scraps and cut out more biscuits. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake until light golden brown and firm to the touch, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve these fluffy biscuits warm or at room temperature.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Re: Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits

I've made these before. They are wonderful.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
    25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
    culturelle in the morning
    SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
    zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
    Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
    uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
    No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

Working...
    X