English Muffin Bread Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Muffin Bread Recipes

I have been craving English muffins but no matter what brand I want to buy, they are ALL made with toxic ingredients to my IC bladder (i.e., vinegar, soy flour, thiamin mononitrate, calcium propionate, and sorbic acid). I've tried to eat them.. and have suffered. So imagine my delight when I stumbled across some recipes for English Muffin bread!! One recipe describes the bread like this: "English Muffin Bread is basically an English Muffin in bread form. English muffins have been around for a while and date back to the 10th century. English muffin bread has a coarser texture than regular bread and is delicious! The best part is that it makes great toast. The coarseness of the bread, when toasted, provides the perfect backdrop for butter, marmalade, jam or whatever you want to put on it." I read that and my mouth started watering!! I had all the ingredients so I followed the first recipe and have two loaves prepared and rising in bread pans right now!!

I. My Mom’s Wonderful English Muffin Bread!
    Makes 4 regular loaves or 8 mini-loaves of bread

Ingredients

• 5 1/2 cups warm water
    • 3 packages RAPID RISE yeast
    • 2 Tablespoons salt
    • 3 Tablespoons sugar
    • 11 cups flour (U can use bread flour or All-Purpose. If you sub wheat flour use 2/3 bread flour and 1/3 wheat bread flour)
    Note: (You can use regular yeast, but you will need to let is rise TWICE. Once in the bowl, till it reaches the top…and then again in the pans, till it reaches the top. With the RAPID RISE yeast you only need to let it rise once in the pans.) Water should be between 120-130 degrees.

Instructions

1. Mix ingredients all together (mix only enough to combine). Dough will be very sticky.
    2. Spoon into 4 regular-sized, well-greased loaf pans or 8 mini-loaf pans.
    3. Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans.
    4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. 10 minutes before done, brush with melted butter. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to COOL COMPLETELY before cutting. Makes terrific toast.

I only wanted two loaves so I divided all the ingredients in half.

II. English Muffin Bread
    Makes 1 loaf of bread

Ingredients

• 3 C flour
    • 1 Tbsp sugar
    • 1½ tsp salt
    • ¼ tsp baking soda
    • 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
    • 1 C milk
    • ¼ C water
    • 2 Tbsp olive oil
    • cornmeal, to sprinkle in pan

Instructions

1. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and yeast in a large bowl.
    2. Combine milk, water and oil in a pan and heat to 120-130. Use a thermometer to be accurate. The liquid will feel quite hot (hotter than lukewarm but not too hot!)
    3. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients
    4. Mix for 1-2 minutes or until dough is soft.
    5. Lightly grease a 8½ x 4½ bread pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
    6. Scoop the dough into the pan and level it off.
    7. Cover the pan and allow to rise until the dough is about ¼" above the rim of the pan. (about one hour)
    8. Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
    9. Allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes to cool and then remove to a rack for further cooling. Let bread cool before slicing.

Comments I've read state that both breads freeze well (up to 6 months). I can't wait for it to come out of the oven so I can slather a piece with Earth Balance and Pear Delight jam!
    Last edited by Bladderella; 12-31-2014, 07:10 AM.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: English Muffin Bread Recipes

Sounds yummy and I love baking bread. I think I'll try cutting the recipe in half so I can use my big mixer.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Re: English Muffin Bread Recipes

yumm I'm going to have to try these
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
      Naproxen:for pain as needed
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
      X