Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmcbride
    replied
    In keeping with the egg casserole recipes mentioned I find I can usually tolerate the green chilies found in the very small cans.
    These are not usually hot. So in a recipe of eggs, cheese, milk & these green chilies combined and layered over bread it has a bit of mexican flavor.

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    I make something similiar but put a couple of handfuls of Mr. Dells hash browns in it that I have thawed in the microwave. Mr. Dells only ingredient is potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    These are some great recipes! I was obsessed with breakfast food while I was pregnant. Now my daughter is 2 months old and I'm still a bit obsessed! LOL WE're going to have Christmas morning at home for the first time this year, so I was just wondering what to have for us. Usually we go to my parents' house where my dad makes pancakes. It just doesn't seem right to eat my usual bowl of cereal on Christmas morning!

Leave a comment:

• theclownster
    replied
    Hi there! I recently discovered a very easy and delicious breakfast bake recipe on the kraft foods website. It's very easy and super delicious. I made a few adjustments to the recipe and have substituted the meat ingredient for something else (it calls for ham). You can also omit the ham altogether and it would still be good. The recipe uses a can of refridgerated crescent rolls which I can tolerate, yet I'm not sure if everyone can. I used reduced fat ones along with reduced fat cheese (I used all cheddar). Here's the link to the recipe (I hope I can post that here):
    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes...ke-112213.aspx

There are also some comments from others who have made it and they have lots of helpful hints and tips for this recipe.

Enjoy!
    Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• Goldfinch
    replied
    KarenAnne, that's often called bread pudding. Great, no matter what you call it. Another somewhat richer version involves frying bread slices in butter before layering them in the casserole dish, then pouring over the custard mix. A little cinnamon doesn't hurt either!

Another thing you can do that's yummy is to add apple slices that have been sauteed briefly in butter w/or w/o a little sugar. That's apple bread pudding--sort of a Dutch Baby with toast. I just finished dinner, but I've managed to make myself hungry.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Wow! What a great recipe Can't wait to try it! Thank you for posting it.

Leave a comment:

• bookgirl32
    replied
    Wow! Thanks for the recipes! They sound so good!!! I can't wait to try them.

Leave a comment:

• KarenAnne
    replied
    bookgirl, I have a great baked french toast dish & it doesn't bother my IC at all.

French Toast Casserole: 1 loaf of french bread
    6 eggs
    3 cups of milk
    1/3 cup sugar (I omit this, it's good without it)
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13x9" pan w/ Pam. Tear up bread into pieces & place in pan. Combine remaining ingredients & pour over bread.(I make sure all the bread is pushed done into the mixture) Bake for about 45 min. (uncovered) You can dust it with powdered sugar when it is done. I serve it with real maple syrup.

I usually prepare this the night before. If you do that, you might have to add 10 min. to the bake time. Just check it.

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Ooh! Thanks for sharing Kate. That sounds really good and they're even a bit healthy!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• ICtampa
    replied
    Okay!

Ingredients:
    for the filling
    1 1/2 (8 oz) chopped dates
    1/2 shredded sweetened coconut
    3/4 cup light cream
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract

granola base:
    2 cups quick oats (not instant)
    3/4 cups all purpose flour
    1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup salted butter, melted

This makes 16 servings!

To prepare the filling: Heat dates, coconut and light cream in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils and thickens, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool.

To prepare the granola base: Combine oats, flour, sugar, soda and cinnamon in medium bowl. Mix well with wire whisk. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and stir with large wooden spoon until thoroughly moistened.
    Press about 3 cups of the granola mixture into bottom of an 8-by-8 inch baking pan. Place in refrigerator about 30 minutes to harden. Preheat oven to 350.
    Spread the cooled date filling evenly over granola base. Sprinkle the remaining granola mixture (about 3/4 cup) over the date filling. Bake for 25-20 minutes or until the granola topping is slightly browned and crisp. Cool to room temperature before cutting into 2 inch squares.

These are yummy and easier than these long instructions seem! Haven't had any complaint yet!

enjoy! kate

Leave a comment:

• bookgirl32
    replied
    Kate, yes please!! They sound wonderful. :woohoo::woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• ICtampa
    replied
    For a good after brunch-ish dessert you can try date bars. I make these and they are really yummy! They don't bother me at all and great with breakfast...everyone is different though.

If you want, let me know and I can give you my recipe!

kate

Leave a comment:

• bookgirl32
    replied
    Oh that sounds sooooo good! I'll definitely try that!

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Hi,

Julie Beyer's cookbook has a very good spinach feta quiche that is good....yum, yum!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I assume you're talking about a late morning combination of breakfast and lunch? If so, here are some suggestions:

--Scrambled eggs (IC safe)
    --Sausages and/or ham (read the labels)
    --Cinnamon rolls or blueberry muffins, or both
    --Fruit platter (include pears, apples, banana, blueberries, melon, kiwi fruit) -- you should be able to eat at least some of the fruits.
    -- choice of drinks (coffee, herbal and regular tea, hot chocolate) -- you can choose the herbal tea

Donna

Leave a comment:

Working...
X