French toast that will rock your world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French toast that will rock your world

I have such a sweet tooth! Oy! And I'm not supposed to eat chocolate? Most candies have some sort of problem ingredient. Here's some french toast I make though. It is kind of sweet, but generally very flavorful and delicious which can sometimes be hard on the IC diet:

The bread (this is important):
    Hawaiian sweet bread, cut into nice thick slices

The mixture (this is for one very large slice, good for one person, multiply for feeding extras):
    1 egg
    Splash of milk
    3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
    1/2-1 tablespoon white sugar

Whisk it!

Dip in the bread and heat on a pan or griddle. I do not use pam or butter and it does not stick. I lightly spread on butter after and top lightly with powdered sugar.

It does not bother my IC, but I'm not sure if the bread would bother anybody who is extremely diet sensitive. Make sure to check the label.
    Last edited by kadi; 12-29-2009, 06:41 AM.
    Have had IC symptoms since childhood, but did not seek serious treatment or become diagnosed until I was in college.

24 yo F

I've had a cystectomy with an Indiana Pouch. It was a success and has helped my symptoms and pain immensely.

i love French toast! This sounds really good...thanks!

Comment

Oh that sounds soooo good! I never thought about using a sweet bread for french toast. Yum!

Vicki
      "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

I'm glad you two think it looks good. It is sweet, but sometimes it's nice because many other meals I have for IC are on the blander or oily side. Usually I use sandwich bread; I think what truly makes the difference if you can't tolerate the Hawaiian sweet bread is using a thick, fresh, fluffy bread because the egg mixture really settles into the nooks and crannies well :o)
        Have had IC symptoms since childhood, but did not seek serious treatment or become diagnosed until I was in college.

24 yo F

I've had a cystectomy with an Indiana Pouch. It was a success and has helped my symptoms and pain immensely.

Comment

I like using challah (braided Jewish bread) for French toast. A local bakery here makes one that's great by itself, with butter, or turned into French toast....
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Thanks I am going to make it soon!

Comment

Working...
            X