Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueberry Pancakes - Gluten, Egg, and Dairy free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry Pancakes - Gluten, Egg, and Dairy free!

Hi everyone! I am new to IC and I am also new to food intolerances. I am enjoying finding new recipes and ideas to keep food fun and I found this one recently:

Gluten, Egg, and Dairy Free Blueberry Pancakes

1/2 cup rice flour
    1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    1/2 cup corn flour
    1/4 cup ground flax seeds (optional, still not sure if IC friendly)
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    rice milk (I just kept adding the rice milk until I reach a consistency that I liked)
    1/2 cup blueberries (I probably used MUCH more. I just keep adding till it seemed like a good amount)
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional, still deciding if IC friendly)

I keep things quick and simple, so...
    I first mixed together all dry ingredients.
    Add vanilla.
    Gradually add rice milk until batter is not too thick, but not runny...
    Fold in desired amount of blueberries.

I just use cooking spray (IC friendly? sorry I am still learning!) and cooked in a skillet till nice and golden brown.

Enjoy with some maple syrup!

Lovely! Thanks for posting
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Yum!!!
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Sarah1982 Nice recipe. BTW Vanilla is IC friendly. I buy the all natural vanilla extract that is alcohol free(Healthfood store).
        Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
        Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
        Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
        CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
        Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
        Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
        Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
        Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
        Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
        Naproxen:for pain as needed
        Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
        Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
        Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
        Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
        X