Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite christmas breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite christmas breakfast?

In our family, we love Christmas morning when the family gathers around the table. Every year now, my nephews take charge of making the meal. We've had waffles, eggs benedict, sausage and eggs, etc. but the favorite of all time is Swedish Pancakes! They are like giant crepes, about a foot wide and super thin.. you fold them up with butter, syrup, whip cream, cinnamon or whatever strikes your fancy!! This simple recipe has been passed down our family from my fathers side for generations, brought here to the states by my Grandmother Jenny who immigrated from Sweden as a teen!

FNM080109BlenderDesserts015_s4x3_lg.jpg

Jenny Osborne's Swedish "Thin" Pancakes

Mix:

4 eggs
    1 & 1/4 cups of sugar

Using a beater, gradually add:
    2 cups of flour
    2 cups of milk
    pinch of salt

Cook:

Heat a 12" frying pan or griddle to a medium heat. For each pancake, melt 1/2 teaspoon of butter or margarine in the pan, coating it fully. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the pan and then tilt the pan to cover the bottom of the pan. Flip the pancake after the bottom is golden brown and lightly brown the second side. Fold into quarters in the pan and then place on a plate in the oven to keep them warm until you have a stack ready to serve.

These pancakes can be topped with: regular ir powdered sugar, cinnamon, favorite fruits, whip cream and, of course, your choice of syrup!

Pancakes are about ten inches wide and very thin.

From our house to yours, enjoy!!!

Jill

Picture: Borrowed from The Food Network
    Attached Files
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

This post is a little late for Christmas morning but a very yummy breakfast any time of the year. I have made Strata every Christmas and Easter since our kids were little. It is still our favorite...and IC friendly.
    Strata
    4 slices of white bread, torn
    4 large eggs
    1c milk
    ¼ tsp salt
    ⅛ tsp pepper
    12 oz sausage, cooked and drained, I make my own
    1c Monterey Jack, shredded
    Grease 8X12 casserole.
    Tear bread into bite sized pieces.
    Top with sausage and cheese.
    Combine remaining ingredients and pour over bread mixture.*
    Cover and refrigerate over night.
    Uncover and Place in COLD oven. *Start oven at 350° and bake for 35 minutes until set.
    Set for 5 minutes before serving.
    Sara-age 58- Happily Married-Mother of 3
    Diagnosed-Nov. 2009
    Elmiron 200mg morning and bedtime
    Gabapentin-pain management and sleep aid
    Probiotics-Digestive Advantage Colon Health-IBS
    Atarax-antihistamine 25 mg at bedtime
    Bi-Est/Prog cream-Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement
    Flonase 50 mg.-seasonal allergies
    Fish Oil-general health
    Vitamin D3
    Vitamin A
    Probiotic

Comment

Bisquick pancakes, plain and also blueberry ones!
      Jones all-natural sausage (available in the freezer section at Safeway), eggs over easy, blueberries and blackberries with powdered sugar.
      I love that my dad makes food I can enjoy without worrying about a flare later and without making me stick out like a sore thumb!
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Well, to be honest here, I don't usually make breakfast for the holidays, I usually let them eat whatever--I have a couple of bagels (blueberry is my favorite). I figure if I am making the big meal of the day than that is the least they can do. But I do fix a nice breakfast on the weekends -- usually eggs and buscuits. sometimes waffles if we have time.

Comment

I just printed out a copy for my "favorite recipe" shelf. They sound delicious and will be dinner at our house one day soon.

Thank you!

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I love breakfast for dinner!
            Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
            ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
            Source - Pinterest
            "

Current treatments:
            -IC diet
            -Elavil 50mg at night
            -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
            -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
            -Pyridium if needed,
            -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
            -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
            -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
            -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
            -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
            -Managing stress= VERY important!
            -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Re: What's your favorite christmas breakfast?

My dad would make me a cup of hot chocolate in a special cup.

I heard that heating up milk and putting caramel in it is really good though, so I want to try that this year.
              How is it possible to love an animal more than anything in the world combined? I love you Emily

Comment

Working...
              X