Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg scrambles, or omelettes for cooks more coordinated than me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miniguinea73
    replied
    Re: Egg scrambles, or omelettes for cooks more coordinated than me!

yummy! I've been eating a lot of eggs lately, and I"m going to try some of these. I made an omelette the other day with feta, kale, and broccoli and it was great. I had some leftover avocado with it. I may make one tonight!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: Egg scrambles, or omelettes for cooks more coordinated than me!

I haven't had an omelet for a long time --- Those sound good.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Egg scrambles, or omelettes for cooks more coordinated than me!

[B]I like omelettes, but I'm neither coordinated nor patient, so I just make these as scrambles. I've really liked these combinations... Enjoy![B]

[B]Zucchini basil[B] : sautée thin slices of zucchini(1/2 cup) in olive oil with a sprinkle of garlic & dried basil. When the zucchini is almost cooked, add one whole egg & one egg white (beaten) and an ounce of low fat shredded mozzarella. Cook to desired texture.

[B]Turkey/broccoli/cheese:[B] Heat 1tsp of Land O Lakes butter with canola, in a small frying pan. Add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florettes & cook til soft. Take out 1-2 slices of Hormel Naturals Oven Roasted Turkey, cut it into 1" square pieces, & add them to the skillet to heat them up. Then add the beaten egg (1 whole egg, 1-2 egg whites), and 1 oz shredded mozzarella. Cook til eggs are done.

[B]Asparagus, mushroom & cream cheese[B] : Cut asparagus into 2"long pieces, cut a mushroom into thin slices. Sautée asparagus in butter or oil til tender-crisp, sautée mushrooms til lightly golden. Then add the beaten egg and a tablespoon of Philly light 1/3 less fat cream cheese' & cook til eggs are done to your preference. Be sure to use the cream cheese in the block form, not the tub which has acidic preservatives.

[B]Red Bell Pepper, Pinto Beans, Corn Tortilla, Mozzarella:[B] Cook diced red bell peppers (1/4 cup) in canola oil til soft, add 1/2 cup pinto beans (Safeway Organics is a good brand with no preservatives) & heat through. Add thin strips of corn tortilla (be sure to buy an acid-free tortilla--Trader Joe's truly handmade corn tortillas), & cook til golden brown. Add beaten egg (1 whole egg, 1 egg white)& 1/4c mozzarella. Serve with a spoonful of Philly Light Cream Cheese. (Block form, not tub).
    Last edited by kadi; 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM. Reason: Bold
Working...
X