• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crockpot Artichoke Chicken and Rice

Ingredients:
    • 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts halves
    • 1/4 cup flour
    • 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (canned is the best tolerated)
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 1/2 cups converted(parboil) rice
    • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
    • ¼ cup chopped celery
    • 4 green onions, chopped(if can tolerate)
    • 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
    • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth(IC friendly)
    • 1 can cream of mushroom soup(IC friendly I use Amy’s)
    • 1 cup frozen or canned artichokes(make sure IC friendly)
    • *if using canned artichoke use whole can*
    Preparation:
    In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Combine flour, cheese, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture then brown in the hot oil. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker. In the hot skillet, saute red pepper, green onions, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes; add chicken broth and soup, stirring to combine thoroughly; pour over chicken. Stir in rice and artichokes; cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

this looks delicious, but i'm curious about how you are able to find IC friendly artichokes?? even the frozen ones i find have citric acid!
    Jessica - 22 years old in Washington DC

Symptoms began Sept 2010
    Diagnosed Sep 2011 (after being prescribed every antibiotic possible)

Currently Trying:
    -Diet
    -Cysta-Q

“Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone...”

Comment

jessicab you can cook fresh artichoke if you can't find canned or frozen. You can try rinsing the canned that's what I do with pears that have citric acid. I find I can tolerate them then.
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
      Naproxen:for pain as needed
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will try the recipe with substitutions>. Do they sell fresh artichokes because I avoid the citric acid and I do know that they sell frozen.

Comment

I think trader joes frozen artichokes do not have citric acid but I'm not 100 percent sure. Sounds good!

Comment

I am cooking the artichoke chicken recipe now. I doubled on the mushrooms since I knew if I left some in the container they would go unused and I doubled on the artichokes too. Yes I found frozen artichokes that don't state citric acid. I omitted the green onions, even though I love them, I didn't want to take the chance of possible irritation. So I still have the mushroom soup, chicken,red pepper and rice too. I look forward to when the meal is ready. Thanks so much! I love crock-pot meals and planning dinner was getting to be a chore. This will make a few meals and I will freeze at least one, if there are any leftovers.

Comment

Working...
            X