Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puffyclouds
    replied
    I am cooking the artichoke chicken recipe now. I doubled on the mushrooms since I knew if I left some in the container they would go unused and I doubled on the artichokes too. Yes I found frozen artichokes that don't state citric acid. I omitted the green onions, even though I love them, I didn't want to take the chance of possible irritation. So I still have the mushroom soup, chicken,red pepper and rice too. I look forward to when the meal is ready. Thanks so much! I love crock-pot meals and planning dinner was getting to be a chore. This will make a few meals and I will freeze at least one, if there are any leftovers.

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    I think trader joes frozen artichokes do not have citric acid but I'm not 100 percent sure. Sounds good!

Leave a comment:

• puffyclouds
    replied
    Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will try the recipe with substitutions>. Do they sell fresh artichokes because I avoid the citric acid and I do know that they sell frozen.

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied
    jessicab you can cook fresh artichoke if you can't find canned or frozen. You can try rinsing the canned that's what I do with pears that have citric acid. I find I can tolerate them then.

Leave a comment:

• jessicab
    replied
    this looks delicious, but i'm curious about how you are able to find IC friendly artichokes?? even the frozen ones i find have citric acid!

Leave a comment:

• carole
    started a topic Crockpot Artichoke Chicken and Rice

Crockpot Artichoke Chicken and Rice

Ingredients:
    • 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts halves
    • 1/4 cup flour
    • 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (canned is the best tolerated)
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 1/2 cups converted(parboil) rice
    • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
    • ¼ cup chopped celery
    • 4 green onions, chopped(if can tolerate)
    • 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
    • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth(IC friendly)
    • 1 can cream of mushroom soup(IC friendly I use Amy’s)
    • 1 cup frozen or canned artichokes(make sure IC friendly)
    • *if using canned artichoke use whole can*
    Preparation:
    In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Combine flour, cheese, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture then brown in the hot oil. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker. In the hot skillet, saute red pepper, green onions, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes; add chicken broth and soup, stirring to combine thoroughly; pour over chicken. Stir in rice and artichokes; cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
Working...
X