• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    wizbe
    ICN Member

• wizbe
    replied
    Re: Crazy Good Casserole

I am so making this tomorrow. Sounds delicious. I will use mozzarella cheese I think.

Leave a comment:

• carole
    Support Volunteer

• carole
    replied

I think I will try this sounds yummy!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied

Originally posted by Bladderella View Post
    Just sat down to eat the Crazy Good Casserole and it's really good. I used Hormel uncured bacon with no preservatives. I used maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic powder and in step 3, I added about 1 cup of frozen peas. The original recipe did not call for milk at all, but I had read several user comments that suggested to add 1/2 cup milk as it was too dry. Well, after baking, I think next time I will bump up the milk to 3/4 cup. I divided the whole thing into two smaller casserole dishes so I can put one of them in the freezer (uncooked) for another time. My husband had some and thought it was awesome!!
    It's what we had for dinner tonight and both husband and daughter liked it. I think we're all substitutors (is that a word?) --- I didn't have any cream of chicken so used cream of mushroom and I used just under 1/2 the soup can of milk. I just added milk until it looked right to me. Oh, yes, I used chicken tenders, but that's the same thing --- and I cut them in very thin pieces. I will be making it again.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bladderella
    ICN Member

• Bladderella
    replied

Just sat down to eat the Crazy Good Casserole and it's really good. I used Hormel uncured bacon with no preservatives. I used maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic powder and in step 3, I added about 1 cup of frozen peas. The original recipe did not call for milk at all, but I had read several user comments that suggested to add 1/2 cup milk as it was too dry. Well, after baking, I think next time I will bump up the milk to 3/4 cup. I divided the whole thing into two smaller casserole dishes so I can put one of them in the freezer (uncooked) for another time. My husband had some and thought it was awesome!!
    Bladderella
    ICN Member
    Last edited by Bladderella; 12-14-2014, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theclownster
    ICN Member

• theclownster
    replied

Hello! This sounds yummy! Can you let us know how it tastes once you both make it. Can't wait to try it myself!

Enjoy,
    Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied

That sounds wonderful. I am copying it so I can fix it for dinner tomorrow too. I'll substitute a few slices of leek for the garlic --- I'm unusual in that more than a tiny bit of garlic is a trigger for me.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bladderella
    ICN Member

• Bladderella
    started a topic Crazy Good Casserole

Crazy Good Casserole

I'm always looking for delicious, easy, IC-friendly recipes. Here's one I found today. Think I'll get the ingredients tomorrow morning so I can have it for Sunday dinner!

Crazy Good Casserole
    Ingredients

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    6 strips of quality bacon – cooked and crumbled
    2 cans cream of chicken soup (no MSG)
    1/2 cup milk
    2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
    1 box (16 ounces) dried spiral pasta
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
    1. Cook and crumble bacon. While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Set cooked bacon aside for later use. In the same pan, cook chicken in bacon drippings. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
    2. While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to directions. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400F.
    3. Drain pasta, return to pot. Add chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, ½ cup milk, 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese – stir to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
    4. Top with crumbled bacon. Top with remaining cup of Monterrey Jack cheese. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes, just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.
Working...
X