Tuna Noodle Casserole (Dairy-Free)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna Noodle Casserole (Dairy-Free)

Tuna Noodle Casserole (IC-Friendly and Dairy-Free)

Cream of Mushroom Soup

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced (not canned)
    • 1 teaspoon onion powder
    • 3 tablespoons shortening
    • 2 tablespoons flour
    • 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
    • 1 teaspoon white pepper
    • 1 1⁄4 cups rice milk

Casserole
    • 8 ounces egg noodles
    • 12 ounces canned tuna
    • 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1⁄2 cup rice milk
    • 1 cup frozen peas

Directions

1. Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cool water and put aside.
    2. Heat the olive oil and sautee the mushrooms and onion powder for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
    3. Melt the shortening. Add the flour, corn starch and pepper, whisking to get out any lumps. After a minute or two, add the rice milk. Continue to whisk until it begins to thicken (which will happen quickly). Put the sauteed mushrooms back in the pan and heat for a minute or two. Add more rice milk if it gets too thick. Remove from heat.
    4. Preheat oven to 375. In a deep casserole dish, combine the soup, rice milk and onion. Next add the tuna and peas. Finally, add the noodles, carefully folding them into the rest of the mixture.
    5. Cook covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for no more than 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Bladderella; 04-19-2015, 11:01 AM.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: Tuna Noodle Casserole (Dairy-Free)

yum! i'm going to try making that for my kids, they would love it! thanks so much

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I think exchanging recipes helps deal with the IC diet.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Since I have IC and recently discovered that I am sensitive to dairy (I think it's the caseine and milk proteins), I am always on the lookout for recipes that are both dairy-free and IC-friendly. I know there are other ICers who have the same sensitivity so maybe the recipes I post will help them, too. But you don't have to have a dairy sensitivity to enjoy them. They're for ICers and anybody who wants to try them

Comment

I am making this dish today for Tuesday dinner. I have my ureterectomy in the morning and have no idea if I'm going to feel like cooking tomorrow night. If I end up not feeling good, my husband can at least zap some casserole in the microwave for me and I'll know it's safe for me to eat!

Comment

My casserole is in the oven but I had a small snafu. I grabbed a carton of Rice Dream off the grocery shelf to make this recipe. After I'd made the "mushroom soup" part I tasted it, and to my surprise, it was kinda sweet. Uh-oh. It was then I realized that I should have bought UNSWEETENED Rice Milk. Too late for that now! So when I was making the casserole part, where you add another 1/2 cup of rice milk, I used unsweetened Almond milk because I had it on hand. I'll know better next time.

Comment

hope it was still delicious!
              and good luck this week...not sure what you are having done, but hope it goes really well and that you have lovely food to enjoy afterwards.

Comment

KikUK- I've been seeing a lot of blood in my urine over the past couple of months. Urologist sent me for a CT scan with contrast about 3 weeks ago. The scan with contrast shows there is an obstruction in my right ureter. If the obstruction is a kidney stone, polyp, blood clot, or cyst, he'll simply remove it. But if it's a mass/tumor (cancer), that's a lot more serious and the fix is more complicated. Whatever is in there has been causing me a lot of pain lately, too. The procedure is called a ureterectomy. I'll be heading for the hospital to have it done in one hour.

Comment

good luck with that Bladderella! I really really hope they found something simple, that is easy to deal with.
                  please let us know!
                  Kiki

Comment

HI Bladerella,
                    glad to see you back on the forum. have you found out what they found as yet?
                    Kiki

Comment

Working...
                    X