• Coconut Milk Shake

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup coconut
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 Tbsp. cream (optional)

Directions:
    Put all of the ingredients into the blender and mix until smooth.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Thank you, carole, for all these lovely coconut recipes!!
    Anything you know of with dates & coconut together?
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Hi Carole,

Yes, you are posting some fabulous recipes! Thank you so much for sharing and keep them coming if you have anymore of any kind of recipe. I'm getting so many great ideas!

Jill
      "Where there is hope there can be faith. Where there is faith, miracles can occur."

Comment

Kadi I posted a few coconut date recipes just for you!
        Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
        Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
        Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
        Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
        Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Wonderful! Thank you
          Coconut & date has to be one of my favorite combinations!
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Originally posted by carole View Post
            Ingredients:
            1/2 cup coconut
            1 cup milk
            1/4 cup sugar
            1 tsp. vanilla extract
            2 Tbsp. cream (optional)

Directions:
            Put all of the ingredients into the blender and mix until smooth.
            What type of coconut?

Comment

cbz1982 it has been so long since I posted this recipe I almost forgot it was my recipe. I just use preservative free shredded or dessicated coconut.
              Looking at this recipe you could revamp it and make a real milkshake by doing
              Vanilla Ice Cream
              Coconut Milk
              shredded coconut
              vanilla extract

Now I want a milkshake..

Tried:

Take:

Comment

sounds yummy..keep the awesome white chocolate and coconut recipes comin
                Newly IC diagnosed as of February 2011.

Medications I'm on that seem to work:
                Zoloft- one once a day
                Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
                Elmiron-after 4 months,digestive side effects got to be too much
                tramadol-allergic
                DMSO treatments(5-6)
                probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy
                AROMATHERAPY-candles,incense
                Village Naturals Aches and Pains Peppermint Bath Salts
                Johnson and Johnsons Lavender Melt Away Stress Body Wash/Lotion

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS
                Significant pain relief so far.

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

Add me on facebook Angela Hasic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
                where there is hatred, let me sow love;
                when there is injury, pardon;
                where there is doubt, faith;
                where there is despair, hope;
                where there is darkness, light;
                and where there is sadness, joy.
                Grant that I may not so much seek
                to be consoled as to console;
                to be understood, as to understand,
                to be loved as to love;
                for it is in giving that we receive,
                it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
                and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

Comment

Thank you for posting this! My birthday is coming up soon so I am trying to find sweet things I can eat on that day! This sounds amazing!!
                  28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Beverages

Carole- Could you repost the requested cocoa nut date recipe? I just received a Vita Mix blender and am looking for recipes. Thanks

Comment

fmcbride all my coconut date recipes are under the cookies and candy tab. Let me know if you want more info.

Tried:

Take:

Comment

coconut

Thanks Carole. I love the recipes you submit.

Comment

Working...
                        X