homemade almond milk recipe :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade almond milk recipe :)

I started a vegan diet about a month ago in hopes that it well help me manage chronic muscle pain and inflammation. So doing without dairy, I've been using this as a milk substitute. I usually buy almond milk by the carton but when I have the time I like to make it fresh, too. You can easily find other almond milk recipes by googling...many include dates which will give the milk a bit sweeter taste. Anyway, this is a healthy and delicious bladder friendly recipe.

Almond Milk

2 cups almonds
    4 cups water
    1 tsp vanilla (optional)

Soak almonds overnight.
    Discard soaking water and rinse almonds in a deep bowl of water, repeat until water is clear
    Place soaked almonds, vanilla, and 4 cups of water in blender.
    Blend on highest speed for 2 minutes.
    Strain milk through cheesecloth or a fine mesh paint strainer bag, discarding solids

Briza - How long can you keep it refrigerated and be ok? I was wondering how much I could make at one time and how long it stays good.

Comment

Thanks Briza. Good to know that it is freezable, as I don't think I want to be making it every 3 or 4 days. I drink a lot of almond milk.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe Bri! My family uses almond milk instead of cow's milk and I've always wanted to try making my own

Pam

Comment

Almond milk is sooooooo good!
          Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
          Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
          Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
          CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
          Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
          Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
          Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
          Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
          Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
          Naproxen:for pain as needed
          Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
          Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
          Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
          Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
          X