• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: Sports Drink

to the IC Network family.

Many of us do okay with Gatorade --- IF we avoid the pink/red colored ones. I can do the blue ones. Two bottles is a lot, however --- you might want to try drinking a cup or less to see if it's still a problem.

Good luck!
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• pleah64
    replied

I drank two bottles of Gatorade type drinks. Following day i had a huge flareup. Are these sports drinks bad for IC patients?

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied

I like this discussion. How about pear juice? Is that any better?? I lived on Gatorade for years while I was playing Junior Tennis Tournaments. I still drink it occasionally but prefer the clear Fruit Punch flavor. No colorings in it! WIN!!!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• sdm
    replied

It's a little tough to find just blueberry juice (lots of combos and "drinks"). Besides health food stores, I can find it at one regular grocery store in our area (Save Mart-which is fancier than my usual warehouse stores), and just this week I found it at Trader Joe's for alot less.

Leave a comment:

• Clevsea
    replied

At the health food store.............that's where I got mine.

Leave a comment:

• prayingmommy
    replied

Where do u buy blueberry juice?

Leave a comment:

• sdm
    started a topic Sports Drink

Sports Drink

Even when I was in remission I made my own sports drinks due to cost, control of ingredients, and convenience. But I always flavored it with a few sprinkles of un sweetened Kool Aid. With the first ingredient being citric acid, that is no longer an option. So, here is what I use now.

1/2 cup blueberry juice
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt (sodium and potassium)
    water to fill the rest of the bottle (mine is 16oz)

This isn't anywhere near as tasty as green Kool Aid, but it works. And if you have it very cold (even on a cold day), and you are very tired; it's not too bad.
Working...
X