Juicer recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicer recipes?

Hey out there, I've got DIET SENSITIVE "pain-IC" that shoots pain everywhere in my body. It's fun! My main treatment is instills and Uribel. I got SSDI benefits, but they were reversed. Good times.

Anyway, I just got a juicer and I'm looking for any IC-friendly JUICE or SMOOTHIE recipes. I flare easily from onion or garlic, often from tomato, but almost never with just one apple or pear.

I've got a short attention span, fear of cooking, and am easily confused unless I have an exact recipe. Sorry about me. Can anyone help? I will love you forever!
    Exposure to an unclean hot tub 2-17-07 FIRST UTI
    (Got ringworm-like sores from it before)
    (Someone else got what looked like 'eye herpes')
    (My husband got an ear infection. We were all just sitting there!)
    SYMPTOMS: Severe Urgency/Frequency for 18 months, food sensitivity, widespread nerve pains (random and everywhere), deep bladder pain that developed into flares at 4 months. Completely unreasonable diet sensitivity.
    TESTS: Nothing showed in urine cultures, CT scan, Cystoscopy, Lumbar puncture, back and brain MRIs, EMG tests.
    Hydrodistension Surgery/Biopsy showed minor glomerulations, inflammatory and mast cells, and a rare eosinophil. Blood tests show elevated ANA.
    CONFUSED: My hands and feet started falling asleep. I got twitching nerves or muscles everywhere. I started having concentration and memory problems, vision problems, then fatigue and chronic migraines. Fibromyalgia diagnosed, SSDI disability awarded at 4 years, then gone at 7 years. Won the appeal. IBS and esophagus spasms at 6 years.
    MEDICATIONS: Marcaine/Heparin/Sodium Bicarb instills, Lyrica, Nortriptyline, Uribel. Paxil and Trazadone from before. Painkillers as needed. Supplements include CystoProtek, DH Aloe, Colostrum.
    PREVIOUS CONDITIONS: Sudden onset of double vision, Paxil Discontinuation Syndrome, PTSD

Re: Juicer recipes?

I can't believe they took away your SSDI. Usually once a person is approved, it's approved until/unless there are changes in the individual's health and ability to work. Did they give you any reason? Have you talked with an attorney? If you haven't, I suggest you do.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Donna,

When I applied for SSDI in 2010, I included some psychiatric problems that were exacerbated by the IC PAIN. PTSD, Anxiety, and dissociation. I did this because I had past hospitalizations I thought would help my case. Interstitial Cystitis and Fibromyalgia were the main diagnosis, but I think including the psychiatric problems confused them.

After receiving benefits for 3 years, they reviewed my case. They sent me to a physical doctor and a psychologist. The physical doctor started out by saying 'oh, IC is terrible', which gave me confidence to be positive. The psychologist did standardized memory tests I'm sure I did poorly on, but I was friendly with him. I wasn't worried, but then I received this:

"We're writing to let you know that we've made a decision on your case. After reviewing all of the information carefully, we've decided that you are now able to work. This means that your benefits will stop."

On the back page, it said this:

"You were found to be disabled because of PTSD Affective/Mood Disorder. Current evaluation is necessary because your condition was expected to improve."

Then it lists my doctors, including my urologist at the top. And it says "You said you are still disabled due to Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Migraine, Gastritis, IBS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Double vision, Memory Loss, Dissociative Identity Disorder, PTSD, Paxil Discontinuation Syndrome...

...The medical evidence shows that your condition has improved. Psychological exams indicate that you have the ability to understand and follow simple instructions, concentrate adequately and appropriately interact with others. Physical exams did not show a condition that would limit your ability to work. While your condition may prevent you from returning to your past work, it would permit you to do simple, low stress work."

I am extremely lucky to be married to someone with a stable job. I went to the SS office and immediately filed an appeal. I contacted the lawyer I used before, even though he seems completely unfamiliar with my case. And now I'm just going through the process. I'm told it takes over a year, but when they approve me again I'll be paid back to where they stopped.

Anyway, let this be a warning to everyone! My therapist says she has DOZENS of cases just like this one. My lawyer says they have been bombarded with calls from people in my situation. Our government is broke, so they're doing what they can to recover money. I'm only 43, so that could be a factor. And I look young. But mainly we're just dealing with a flawed system.
      SYMPTOMS: Severe Urgency/Frequency for 18 months, food sensitivity, widespread nerve pains (random and everywhere), deep bladder pain that developed into flares at 4 months. Completely unreasonable diet sensitivity.
      TESTS: Nothing showed in urine cultures, CT scan, Cystoscopy, Lumbar puncture, back and brain MRIs, EMG tests.
      Hydrodistension Surgery/Biopsy showed minor glomerulations, inflammatory and mast cells, and a rare eosinophil. Blood tests show elevated ANA.
      CONFUSED: My hands and feet started falling asleep. I got twitching nerves or muscles everywhere. I started having concentration and memory problems, vision problems, then fatigue and chronic migraines. Fibromyalgia diagnosed, SSDI disability awarded at 4 years, then gone at 7 years. Won the appeal. IBS and esophagus spasms at 6 years.
      MEDICATIONS: Marcaine/Heparin/Sodium Bicarb instills, Lyrica, Nortriptyline, Uribel. Paxil and Trazadone from before. Painkillers as needed. Supplements include CystoProtek, DH Aloe, Colostrum.
      PREVIOUS CONDITIONS: Sudden onset of double vision, Paxil Discontinuation Syndrome, PTSD

Comment

Here are a few simple ones
        1. IC friendly Apple and carrot
        2.Kale, grapes(if can tolerate), cucumber, IC friendly apple
        3.IC friendly apple,pear, cherry if can tolerate
        4.Blueberry,Strawberry(if can tolerate),mango(if can tolerate)
        5.coconut water and peaches(if can tolerate)
        6. ginger, beet, carrots, IC friendly apple
        7. blueberries, raspberries(if can tolerate), strawberries(if can tolerate), IC friendly apple

Hope this helps
        Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
        Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
        Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
        CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
        Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
        Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
        Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
        Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
        Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
        Naproxen:for pain as needed
        Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
        Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
        Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
        Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Thanks, Carole

Comment

I just made one that is supposed to be alkaline: spinach, cucumber, carrot and a little Fuji apple.

So far so good. If it causes any issues I'll come back to let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X