X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cazattack
    replied
    Re: Juicer recipes?

I just made one that is supposed to be alkaline: spinach, cucumber, carrot and a little Fuji apple.

So far so good. If it causes any issues I'll come back to let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    replied

Thanks, Carole

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied

Here are a few simple ones
    1. IC friendly Apple and carrot
    2.Kale, grapes(if can tolerate), cucumber, IC friendly apple
    3.IC friendly apple,pear, cherry if can tolerate
    4.Blueberry,Strawberry(if can tolerate),mango(if can tolerate)
    5.coconut water and peaches(if can tolerate)
    6. ginger, beet, carrots, IC friendly apple
    7. blueberries, raspberries(if can tolerate), strawberries(if can tolerate), IC friendly apple

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    replied

Hi Donna,

When I applied for SSDI in 2010, I included some psychiatric problems that were exacerbated by the IC PAIN. PTSD, Anxiety, and dissociation. I did this because I had past hospitalizations I thought would help my case. Interstitial Cystitis and Fibromyalgia were the main diagnosis, but I think including the psychiatric problems confused them.

After receiving benefits for 3 years, they reviewed my case. They sent me to a physical doctor and a psychologist. The physical doctor started out by saying 'oh, IC is terrible', which gave me confidence to be positive. The psychologist did standardized memory tests I'm sure I did poorly on, but I was friendly with him. I wasn't worried, but then I received this:

"We're writing to let you know that we've made a decision on your case. After reviewing all of the information carefully, we've decided that you are now able to work. This means that your benefits will stop."

On the back page, it said this:

"You were found to be disabled because of PTSD Affective/Mood Disorder. Current evaluation is necessary because your condition was expected to improve."

Then it lists my doctors, including my urologist at the top. And it says "You said you are still disabled due to Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Migraine, Gastritis, IBS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Double vision, Memory Loss, Dissociative Identity Disorder, PTSD, Paxil Discontinuation Syndrome...

...The medical evidence shows that your condition has improved. Psychological exams indicate that you have the ability to understand and follow simple instructions, concentrate adequately and appropriately interact with others. Physical exams did not show a condition that would limit your ability to work. While your condition may prevent you from returning to your past work, it would permit you to do simple, low stress work."

I am extremely lucky to be married to someone with a stable job. I went to the SS office and immediately filed an appeal. I contacted the lawyer I used before, even though he seems completely unfamiliar with my case. And now I'm just going through the process. I'm told it takes over a year, but when they approve me again I'll be paid back to where they stopped.

Anyway, let this be a warning to everyone! My therapist says she has DOZENS of cases just like this one. My lawyer says they have been bombarded with calls from people in my situation. Our government is broke, so they're doing what they can to recover money. I'm only 43, so that could be a factor. And I look young. But mainly we're just dealing with a flawed system.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

I can't believe they took away your SSDI. Usually once a person is approved, it's approved until/unless there are changes in the individual's health and ability to work. Did they give you any reason? Have you talked with an attorney? If you haven't, I suggest you do.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    started a topic Juicer recipes?

Juicer recipes?

Hey out there, I've got DIET SENSITIVE "pain-IC" that shoots pain everywhere in my body. It's fun! My main treatment is instills and Uribel. I got SSDI benefits, but they were reversed. Good times.

Anyway, I just got a juicer and I'm looking for any IC-friendly JUICE or SMOOTHIE recipes. I flare easily from onion or garlic, often from tomato, but almost never with just one apple or pear.

I've got a short attention span, fear of cooking, and am easily confused unless I have an exact recipe. Sorry about me. Can anyone help? I will love you forever!
Working...
X