X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jubilee2
    replied
    Re: Iced Herbal Blueberry Tea

This tea gave me a killer flare. Please be careful. Rose hips and hibiscus are acidic. And yes I did follow the 3 bag to 32 oz ratio.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

I'm going in town today and plan to pickup some --- I have had to increase my fluid intake and it's hard. I'm hoping the tea will help.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bladderella
    replied

Good idea! I'll have to try seeping the bags in cold water next time. It's not exactly like Kool-Aid, but close enough. Glad you liked it!!!

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied

oh my goodness I tried this and it is true it is like Koolaid. It is super yummy. I just added my tea bags to cold water and set in the fridge overnight(they told me at the store that you do not need to brew in hot water) . I then added the sugar. I bought a variety pack of fruit flavors I am going to try other ones but the blueberry is definitely a keeper. It not as cheap as koolaid but that is ok.

Leave a comment:

• Bladderella
    replied

The 2nd time I made it, I used 4 tea bags and added the sugar to the mason jar. YUMMY!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Sounds wonderful! I'm going to get some of the tea next trip to town.

Thank you for sharing.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied

I am going to try this. I have been wanting something cold that is different from my usual cold drinks.

Leave a comment:

• joannharllee
    replied

Sounds great. i have been drinking only water, which is pretty boring, but I think i will give this a try. Jo Ann

Leave a comment:

• Bladderella
    started a topic Iced Herbal Blueberry Tea

Iced Herbal Blueberry Tea

This has become my favorite IC summer drink. It is SO refreshing.

Get a 32 oz mason jar, drop in 3 Celestial Seasonings "True Blueberry" herbal tea packets, heat water in a tea kettle, fill the mason jar
    almost to the top with hot water, seep herbal tea bags for about 5 minutes, then remove them and throw away. When cooled, store jar of Blueberry tea in refrigerator. To serve, pour over glass of ice cubes and add sugar to taste.

To me, it looks and tastes almost like Kool-Aid, which I haven't had in over a year.

I let my husband taste it and he couldn't believe it was iced herbal tea. It is very good!
Working...
X