X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Upside Down Cake-Diane M.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
    2 cups shredded coconut(IC friendly/Nitrate free)
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    whipping cream( optional)
    Mix together 1/4 cup butter with coconut and brown sugar. Press into bottom of a 9x9 square pan**.

In separate bowl beat together 1/4 cup butter with white sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in 1/2 cup flour. Add milk and vanilla. Beat well. Add remaining 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes. Spread batter over coconut mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, when inserted in center of cake. Immediately invert pan on serving dish. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream.

**NOTE: If using a larger pan, reduce cooking time to prevent overcooking and drying
    Last edited by carole; 03-02-2011, 11:31 AM.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

coconut upside down cake

This sounds really good.
    I am wondering if rhubarb upside down cake would be good?

Comment

fmcbride I don't see any reason why not. I would probably make the rhubarb mixture on stove top first then add to the bottom of the pan. Rhubarb has alot more moisture so I would reduce it on the stove top. You could also cook the cake and then add the rhubarb mixture after baking. You could then leave it runnier if you wanted so it would make a nice sauce. Yumm now I'm hungry!
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

upside down cake

Thanks for the tip of preparing the rhubarb on the stovetop first.
        I saw rhubarb in the produce at our local grocer lately. It is something we can tolerate (yea). Just might try this my next desert cooking.

If you make it and perfect it let us all know!

Comment

Just a note that Rhubarb is on the try it list so it may not agree with all ICer's.
          I have not tried it yet as I seem to be very sensitive to the fruits even some safe fruits bother me. I am tempted however because it sounds so yummy!

Tried:

Take:

Comment

I have tried it and it was okay for me.

Comment

Working...
            X