Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

roasted chicory root hot drink - caffeine free and alkaline! tastes just like coffee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyw
    replied
    Re: roasted chicory root hot drink - caffeine free and alkaline! tastes just like cof

I just got mine loose from PCC but I think you can get it anywhere i.e. amazon. I don't have a brand name, but just about any roast, granulated chicory root will do.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Re: roasted chicory root hot drink - caffeine free and alkaline! tastes just like cof

I need this, lol. Where did you get it? What is the product or brand name? I'd like to check amazon for it...

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

You might want to read labels on some of the coffee creamers and see if there are some you can have --- or maybe flavored syrups that are available in coffee shops. I've had chicory drinks and they are good --- a bit different from coffee, but very pleasant. Thank you for sharing!

Donna
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 07-21-2016, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• roasted chicory root hot drink - caffeine free and alkaline! tastes just like coffee!

Just came across this miracle drink. I had heard of chicory root and it's pre-biotic benefits. Then at our local PCC health food supermarket, while I could not find the actual raw root, I found some dry roasted chicory in a jar. It said on the jar that it can be used as a coffee alternative. I was very sceptical.

I got home and boiled some up... my God. It's just like coffee! Very dark and opaque. Only thing is it's not very smooth so I put coconut cream in it, plus a bit of coconut milk.

Where has this been all my life?! now I just have to figure out how to infuse it with hazelnut or some other flavourings
Working...
X