Since Easter is here I thought I would post this recipe

Ingredients:

4-6 gala apples sliced
    1 1/2-2 cups brown sugar
    2-3 cups pear juice
    2 Tablespoon flour(or cornstarch)
    2 Tablespoons corn syrup
    ***can add a little maple syrup if you desire***

I slice my ham into slices and lay it in a pan. I then combine all the above ingredients and pour over ham slices. I cover pan with foil and put the lid over the foil. I slow cook it at 300 degrees until it carmelizes. I cook it for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

*Measurement vary depending on how big your ham is. Increase recipe as needed. Sorry but my measurement are approximate as I usually just throw stuff in.**

*****Make sure your ham is Nitrate Free****
    Last edited by carole; 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Sounds good!
    -Cassie

21 year old female. Diagnosed as of November 2008 with onset of symptoms.

I am currently diagnosed with IC, PFD, endometriosis, asthma, and vulvodynia/contact dermititis, IBS, and fibromyalgia.

Medications:

IC:
    -Amitryptyline 10 mg

Fibromyalgia:
    -Neurontin (in place of lyrica because I can't afford it- lol) 300 mg x3 a day
    Flexeril. 10 mg. As needed.
    -
    Endometriosis:
    -Microgestrin.
    First laparoscopy showed moderate to severe endo

Comment

It is really good I found it pretty close to my regular ham glaze. I just made substitutions to my regular recipe. I really like the taste of the apples with the ham. It's a nice substitute to the pineapple.
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Oh my goodness this sounds wonderful. I am going to try to have my husband make it for Easter. I am sensitive to apples, but think the pear juice would be good.
        Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Snowden1 if you are sensitive to apples then I would slice pears. They will take on the flavoring of the ham and the glaze and it's really nice to eat with the ham.

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Sounds great but isn't ham a "no, no" because of the nitrates. I was planning on skipping it at Easter dinner because I didn't want to take any chances. Any ideas, thanks.

Comment

I can have a little bit of ham, but not much --- it has too much sugar for my diabetes diet.

Donna
              Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Ignore my previous post. I see the OP did note at the bottom that the ham should be nitrate free. I'm so used to seeing all of the meds people take at the bottom I just blew over it.

Any ideas where to find nitrate free ham?

Comment

OfcSupport you can find Nitrate free hams at any heathfood/wholefood store that carries organic meat. Make sure you check the label. I find that some healthfood stores carry organic meats that still have nitrates. I found that out when I went to buy bacon. It said organic meat but it also contained Nitrates. This time of the year the healthfood store with have plenty.
                  I also buy organic Nitrate free bacon.weiners,lunchmeat and sausage.

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Thanks Carole,
                    My husband bought the ham is going to make it for me on Sunday. This sounds like a nice change.
                    Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Snowden1 I hope you enjoy it. Post and let me know!
                      Happy Easter!!

Tried:

Take:

Comment

I will Carole,
                        Thank you so much.
                        Teresa

Comment

Ham?

We can have ham? I figured it was full of all sorts of preservatives etc???? Is it a certain brand of ham? all input appreciated. I have been on the i.c. diet for about 3 weeks an feel like I am starving to death. I have lost 15lbs since this started in Feb
                          the hardest thing for me is I hate taking forever cooking, and I have two boys ages 2, and 4..... and I am taking classes.

Comment

Hi,
                            My husband got this ham at Whole Foods, it has no nitrates or anything bad.

Carole,
                            This ham was wonderful and I am still eating it. I have been making a salad and putting the ham on it as well as rice crackers (I have gluten issues). My husband can make a dressing with cream cheese, rice milk and almond flour for me, but I find I don't need it with this salad. You can also add some mozzarella cheese if you want to. (Just realized I don't know how to spell mozzarella).

Hope this helps.

Amanda, there are some good link to other stuff on here. I didn't know how to do it at first so please don't think I'm insulting your intelligence. You go to diet and recipe ideas then you can look at past thread by going back or forward. But, you probably did that already to get here.
                            Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by amanda.d View Post
                              We can have ham? I figured it was full of all sorts of preservatives etc???? Is it a certain brand of ham? all input appreciated. I have been on the i.c. diet for about 3 weeks an feel like I am starving to death. I have lost 15lbs since this started in Feb
                              the hardest thing for me is I hate taking forever cooking, and I have two boys ages 2, and 4..... and I am taking classes.

Boy sounds like you are very busy.
                              I know at first it is very difficult. I would cry when I first started and say I don't know what to eat or everything taste so bland. I also lost alot of weight and continue to loose even though I eat full fat everything but I needed to lose so for me that was great.
                              You will see in a few months from now what tasted bland will all of a sudden taste great. We were all just used to eating all that spice,vinegar and chemicals so it takes a little time to cleanse our palate. In other words to unclog our taste buds from all those chemicals. I used to dislike vegetables now I love them(hard to believe but true). You will see how much better you feel because basically most of what we can't eat we shouldn't eat anyway because it so bad for anybody(ie. MSG,Nitrates etc).
                              As for the Ham I buy Nitrate free Ham,bacon,weiners,sausage and lunchmeat from and organic farm but healthfood/wholefood stores sell it. You need to read the labels and make sure it has no nitrates and that the ingredients are safe for you. My local healthfood store has antibiotic/hormone free bacon an lunchmeat but it also has Nitrates. I don't get that so make sure you read labels.
                              As for the cooking that will get easier too. You find what works for you and get it done quicker. You will find you cook alot more from scratch but at least you know what's going into your bladder that way. I suggest you use a crockpot. I posted some recipes but if you need more let me know and I'll be glad to help you. I also suggest you cook in bulk. I also cook in bulk. For example if I'm having chicken I always cook the whole package or more than one package. The first night I'll have the chicken then the next I'll have chicken salad or sandwich or chicken Quesadillas or pasta with chicken. Cook once and create faster meals with the leftovers. I often have a piece of meat with a salad or just veggies(either cooked or raw). So if you cook your meat ahead of time and freeze it in portion it's just as quick as heating the meat. I also love grilled cheese sandwich with fresh fruit for dinner. If I cook potatoes I always cook enough for more than one meal so the next day I'll take out a piece of meat and I'll already have the potatoes ready so just the veggies I want with it. Supper is then ready in under 15 mins. Even if you just take on whole day a month and cook lots of meals then freeze them you can just take out as you need. You will be busy on that one day but not all the others. I hope that helps and doesn't sound patronizing.
                              Also a little tid bit for you if you want information on a certain thing. Like can I eat this or I need a recipe for this ect. Just go on the link below and type in the google search window make sure you check off Search IC network and that way anything that was ever posted on the IC network about that subject will come up. It great if you need to find info or a recipe quick. This is the IC homepage. Usually if you go to the top right of the page you click on search and the search window will come up. You just need to scroll down a little.
                              Well I hope all this helps and good luck. Let me know if you need help. I'd be happy to help you best I can.

http://www.ic-network.com/search/

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Working...
                              X