No announcement yet.

Salmon and Spinach Noodle Bake-Diane M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon and Spinach Noodle Bake-Diane M.

Ingredients:

12 oz. Medium or Wide Egg Noodles, uncooked
    2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
    2 leeks, chopped(if can tolerate)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/3 cup flour
    2 cups 2% milk
    2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried dill
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper(if can tolerate) to taste
    2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
    2 14.75-oz. cans best quality red salmon, or about 1 ¾ lb. fresh salmon, poached and skin
    and bones removed
    Vegetable oil cooking spray
    Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook noodles slightly less than package directions, very "al dente." Drain and set aside.

While noodles are cooking, heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Add leeks and garlic and saute, stirring occasionally, until leeks are softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer sauce, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in dill, salt and pepper to taste.

Add the spinach, salmon and cooked noodles to the cream mixture; blend well.

Spray a 9 or 10-inch ring mold with vegetable oil cooking spray. Transfer noodle mixture into the mold and press lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife and invert onto platter.

*Two cans of tuna, packed in fresh spring water may be used as a substitute for the salmon
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.
Working...
X