• Show
Clear All

• Homemade Tortilla shells/Quesadillas

I thought I would repost this!

Tortilla Shells:
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 cup lard(I used earth balance vegan shortening)
    3/4 cup hot water near boil
    Mix together the dry ingredients and then add other ingredients. Mix by hand until thoroughly mixed. On floured surface knead for 5-6mins.
    Roll dough out into a cylinder shape and cut into 8(I cut into 5). Roll into balls and put in a bowl covered with tea towel for 20mins. Roll out dough into tortillas. Fry in pan on each side until golden brown.
    **the directions are way longer than actually making them. They are very easy to make and very delicious. Not to mention simple good ingredients.**

Quesillas:
    I stir fried vegies any kind you like(I did mushrooms, onion, cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, red/orange/yellow peppers) season the vegetables with whatever seasoning you desire.
    Cooked chicken or turkey(I used both)
    cheddar cheese(or whatever cheese you like)
    Boursin cheese
    Assembly: I spread a thin layer of Boursin cheese on the tortilla added vegetables,then chicken/turkey,topped it off with cheddar. Fold the tortilla in half and then pan fry until it all melts together. It was sooooo delicious.
    *you can make it ahead(which I did) and bring along the next day. I just microwaved 1 min and just as good as the night before**

***onions,cheddar and Boursin cheese may not be tolerated by all IC'ers make substitutes as needed***
    Enjoy!!
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Re: Homemade Tortilla shells/Quesadillas

bumping this recipe
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
    X