Clear All

• Chicken Stir-Fry with Soy Sauce Substitute

Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
    3 chicken breasts cut up and sliced thin
    1 bag frozen broccoli florets
    1 red pepper cut in slivers
    1 cup shredded carrots
    White Rice (as much as you desire. I made 4 cups of rice)
    1 1/2 Cups Soy Sauce Substitute (see below)
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    Sprinkle Garlic Powder
    Sprinkle ground Ginger
    2 Tsp Cornstarch

Directions:
    1. Cook Rice per instructions.
    2. Meanwhile, cook Chicken in skillet with Olive Oil, 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce Substitute, 1 tsp Cornstarch and sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Ginger. When Chicken is done, remove and set aside.
    3. Cook Vegetables in same skillet adding all but 1/4 cup of the Soy Sauce Substitute, 1 tsp Cornstarch, and sprinkle again with Garlic Powder and Ginger. Cook until Vegetables are hot and sauce is creamy (about 6 minutes). When Vegetables are almost done, add the chicken again and stir together.
    4. Serve over the White Rice and top with remaining Soy Sauce Substitute.

Soy Sauce Substitute

Ingredients:
    2 Cups Chicken Broth (I use organic, MSG-free)
    3 Tbsp Molasses
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    1 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
    2 Clove Garlic, skin removed
    1/5 of an onion (if you can tolerate. If not, use 1/2 tsp onion powder)
    1 1/2 Tsp Salt

Directions:
    Add all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until about half the liquid is reduced. Use a slotted spoon and remove the Garlic and Onion. Store in Fridge.

This has become one of my favorite dishes. The Soy Sauce Substitute is a little on the sweet side, but I like it like that. This recipe makes a lot and tastes great left-over. You can use other types of vegetables if you desire.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: Chicken Stir-Fry with Soy Sauce Substitute

thanks for the soy sauce substitute it will be very helpful to others. It would be great if you posted that as a separate recipe so it will be easy for others to see.

Originally posted by Bladderella View Post
    Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
    3 chicken breasts cut up and sliced thin
    1 bag frozen broccoli florets
    1 red pepper cut in slivers
    1 cup shredded carrots
    White Rice (as much as you desire. I made 4 cups of rice)
    1 1/2 Cups Soy Sauce Substitute (see below)
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    Sprinkle Garlic Powder
    Sprinkle ground Ginger
    2 Tsp Cornstarch

Directions:
    1. Cook Rice per instructions.
    2. Meanwhile, cook Chicken in skillet with Olive Oil, 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce Substitute, 1 tsp Cornstarch and sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Ginger. When Chicken is done, remove and set aside.
    3. Cook Vegetables in same skillet adding all but 1/4 cup of the Soy Sauce Substitute, 1 tsp Cornstarch, and sprinkle again with Garlic Powder and Ginger. Cook until Vegetables are hot and sauce is creamy (about 6 minutes). When Vegetables are almost done, add the chicken again and stir together.
    4. Serve over the White Rice and top with remaining Soy Sauce Substitute.

Soy Sauce Substitute

Ingredients:
    2 Cups Chicken Broth (I use organic, MSG-free)
    3 Tbsp Molasses
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    1 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
    2 Clove Garlic, skin removed
    1/5 of an onion (if you can tolerate. If not, use 1/2 tsp onion powder)
    1 1/2 Tsp Salt

Directions:
    Add all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until about half the liquid is reduced. Use a slotted spoon and remove the Garlic and Onion. Store in Fridge.

This has become one of my favorite dishes. The Soy Sauce Substitute is a little on the sweet side, but I like it like that. This recipe makes a lot and tastes great left-over. You can use other types of vegetables if you desire.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

There's already a separate post for the Soy Sauce substitute. I posted it in April 2014. Just browse the first page of this forum and you'll see it.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

I also use coconut aminos as a soy sauce substitute. It is also on the sweet side and kind of expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X