• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple Turmeric Chicken

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 large onion, chopped(if can tolerate)
    1 red or yellow or green bell pepper or a combination, seeded and chopped(as desired and tolerated)
    1/4 cup mushrooms

2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
    3 cloves garlic
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup
    1 cup heavy cream
    Turmeric to taste and tolerance(Turmeric is on the try it list)

Directions
    Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in cooked chicken and garlic. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, then stir in maple syrup, and cook for about 5 more minutes, until caramelized.
    Stir in Turmeric and heavy cream, and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.

Serve over rice.(I used white basmati rice)
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Re: Maple Turmeric Chicken

I am making this tonight! thank you for your recipes.
    Diagnosed June 2015 by symptoms, this flare lasted only 3 days, returned to normal diet
    Second flare August 2015, lasted 4-5 days, returned to normal diet
    Third and current flare Feb 19, 2016 (it's still going, about 85% better at the moment) Changed my diet.

History:
    Frequent UTIs (Oh how I wish this IC was just another UTI, I could take antibiotic and be done with it!)

Treatments:
    IC diet started 3/01/2015 (about 85% improvement)
    Started 10mg amitryptiline 04/09/16, I am up to 20 mg now (really helps!)
    Quercetin/Bromelain 1 capsule twice per day (really helps with my sinus allergies as well)
    Calcium Citrate 500mg day Magnesium 500mg day, D-mannose before and after sex to prevent UTIs
    MSM/glucosamine capsules daily

Want to pursue: possibly Elmiron after I give amitryptiline a try
    PT if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by Minderella1 View Post
      I am making this tonight! thank you for your recipes.
      I hope you love it as much as I do. Please post a comment letting us know how you liked it.
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

I've already made it and ate it! It was really good. I accidentally used my bell peppers yesterday and forgot to get more so I served it over rice noodles and broccoli. Very very good.
        Diagnosed June 2015 by symptoms, this flare lasted only 3 days, returned to normal diet
        Second flare August 2015, lasted 4-5 days, returned to normal diet
        Third and current flare Feb 19, 2016 (it's still going, about 85% better at the moment) Changed my diet.

History:
        Frequent UTIs (Oh how I wish this IC was just another UTI, I could take antibiotic and be done with it!)

Treatments:
        IC diet started 3/01/2015 (about 85% improvement)
        Started 10mg amitryptiline 04/09/16, I am up to 20 mg now (really helps!)
        Quercetin/Bromelain 1 capsule twice per day (really helps with my sinus allergies as well)
        Calcium Citrate 500mg day Magnesium 500mg day, D-mannose before and after sex to prevent UTIs
        MSM/glucosamine capsules daily

Want to pursue: possibly Elmiron after I give amitryptiline a try
        PT if necessary

Comment

great

Tried:

Take:

Comment

This was delicious! Even my husband, who really doesn't care for rice or chicken, liked it! Thanks!

Comment

you are welcome glad you enjoyed it

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Working...
              X