• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: Homemade Tortilla shells/Quesadillas

Sounds delicious. I hope it will work with butter.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• carole
    Support Volunteer

• carole
    started a topic Homemade Tortilla shells/Quesadillas

Homemade Tortilla shells/Quesadillas

**reposting this recipe as I love these tortilla shells**

Tortilla Shells:
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 cup lard(I used earth balance vegan shortening)
    3/4 cup hot water near boil
    Mix together the dry ingredients and then add other ingredients. Mix by hand until thoroughly mixed. On floured surface knead for 5-6mins.
    Roll dough out into a cylinder shape and cut into 8(I cut into 4). Roll into balls and put in a bowl covered with tea towel for 20mins. Roll out dough into tortillas. Fry in pan on each side until golden brown.
    **the directions are way longer than actually making them. They are very easy to make and very delicious. Not to mention simple good ingredients.**

Quesadillas:
    I stir fried vegies any kind you like(I did mushrooms, onion, cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, red/orange/yellow peppers) season the vegetables with whatever seasoning you desire.
    Cooked chicken or turkey(I used both)
    cheddar cheese(or whatever cheese you like)
    Boursin cheese

Assembly: I spread a thin layer of Boursin cheese on the tortilla added vegetables, then chicken/turkey,topped it off with cheddar. Fold the tortilla in half and then pan fry until it all melts together. It was sooooo delicious.
    *you can make it ahead(which I did) and bring along the next day. I just microwaved 1 min and just as good as the night before**

***onions and Boursin cheese may not be tolerated by all IC'ers make substitutes as needed***
Working...
X