White Pizza Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Pizza Idea

Hi everyone! I'm not someone who is super diet sensitive, yet definitely have my triggers. I can tolerate regular pizza in moderation (with prelief and my other meds) - as tomato sauce doesn't seem to flare me - as long as I don't over do it and stay away from other possible triggers when I eat pizza). I know that must make some of you very mad cause you would love to have regular pizza - sorry! But I know a lot of you can really enjoy various versions of "white pizza" - and I thought you'd appreciate hearing about this variation of white pizza.

I have recently tried some easy white pizza tricks after getting a white pizza bagel at a bagel chain near me. I recently bought some whipped chive cream cheese and used the cream cheese on some high fiber wraps I can tolerate - topped it with cheese - and baked it. It was super yummy. I put an olive oil spray on both sides of the wrap and pre-baked the wrap on 370 degrees for 5 minutes. After adding the cheese I cooked it for about 8 minutes on 370 degrees (I adapted that from a recipe I saw - so that's where the 370 came from). I just ate mine with cheese, but you could add any other toppings you can tolerate too. This may be something some of you have already tried - yet if you haven't used cream cheese instead of sauce, it's worth giving it a try. You could add your own seasonings to regular block cream cheese - and when it's warm/hot - cream cheese gets creamy - more like a sauce. Not everyone can tolerate cream cheese and I know many who can only use the block style cream cheese - not any cream cheese in the tub cause it has problem ingredients. The whipped cream cheese I used, I was able to tolerate in small amounts - yet would recommend you read any labels very carefully. In the future, I'm gonna do some experimenting with IC friendly spices I can tolerate so I can have other variations too.

Happy eating,
    Jennifer
    I speak of my personal experience only to provide support to others who have IC. I am not offering professional advice in any way. All patients are different and may respond differently to various remedies and medical treatments. These posts are based on my personal experience and are not meant to be viewed as medical advice nor do they replace the proper evaluation and treatment by a medical professional or healthcare provider. Please seek out treatment and medical advice from your doctor and medical team.

More white pizza ideas

I just wanted to add that if you want a sauce, you can melt some butter and mix in italian spices (and minced garlic, if you can tolerate), then after it's cooled and blended a bit, spread across dough/crust/whatever you're using (I make my own pizza dough). Then drop spoonfuls of ricotta, sprinkle some feta, smear some laughing cow wedge in there, and top with mozzarella. I also like to add artichoke hearts, but am still looking for some that are not stored in citric acid.

Pop it in the oven until browned and bubbly! I almost like this better than regular red or white pizza.

Comment

I like to have an IC friendly pre-made dough with alfredo sauce that's topped with pre-cooked chicken and my favorite spices. =D
      -Cassie

21 year old female. Diagnosed as of November 2008 with onset of symptoms.

I am currently diagnosed with IC, PFD, endometriosis, asthma, and vulvodynia/contact dermititis, IBS, and fibromyalgia.

Medications:

IC:
      -Amitryptyline 10 mg

Fibromyalgia:
      -Neurontin (in place of lyrica because I can't afford it- lol) 300 mg x3 a day
      Flexeril. 10 mg. As needed.
      -
      Endometriosis:
      -Microgestrin.
      First laparoscopy showed moderate to severe endo

Comment

Working...
      X