Pizza with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

Crust(this crust is the best I've ever had)

2 cups white flour(I used organic hard all purpose)
    1 cup warm water
    1/3 cup granulated white sugar (I used ΒΌ C)
    1 package active dry yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    Step#1
    Add all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in one cup warmed water. Use a wooden spoon to mix well and form a dough. Cover bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside someplace warm. Give the dough about 30 minutes to rise and it should roughly double in size from the action of the yeast.
    Step #2:
    Lightly coat countertop with flour for rolling the dough out. Transfer dough to the clean area and knead gently about 10 times. Then begin to shape the dough into a circular shape. Use a rolling pin to further flatten and shape the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Roll it out thinner, about 1/3 inch thick, if you want a thinner, crispier crust. Transfer prepared crust to a pizza pan.
    ***I line a row of mozzarella cheese around the pan and fold over the crust. It makes a stuff crust.***

Creamy Garlic Pizza Sauce
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    1-2 tsp garlic
    2 Tblsp butter
    1 Tblsp(aprox) flour or cornstarch to thicken
    Heat in pot until thickened then spread on pizza crust

Assembly:
    I spinkled oregano and basil all over the crust on top of sauce. I then add Mozzarella cheese. You can then top with whatever toppings you like. I put mushrooms,red peppers, onion(I prefried in pan with butter) and I had some roasted red peppers in the freezer I also put on.I wanted to add black olives but I didn't have any.

Baked in oven at 450 until crust was golden brown and cheese was melted.

**I also melted 3 Tblsp of butter and added garlic powder so I could dip my stuffed crust ends into it.*****

This was very YUMMMY!

***Note if you like more cheese you can add 1/4 cup Feta and 1/4 ricotta to the garlic sauce. This will make a Creamy Cheesy Garlic sauce***

***Both the creamy Garlic and the Creamy Cheesy Garlic sauce can also be used as salad dressings either warm or cold***
    Stay tuned I will be posting a bunch of my salad dressing recipes. I'm just working on them now**
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

this sounds like the crust we make - LOVE it...the sauce sounds amazing, thanks for sharing!! I usually just put olive oil infused with oregano on my pizza but it gets boring after a while!! :o)

Comment

I have made pizza, but I roasted a head of garlic, mashed it with some oil and salt, and spread that over the crust. Top with mozzerella, roasted red and orange bell pepper, and add carmelized onion (if you can tolerate). For those who can tolerate goat cheese, a little of that tastes good with the sweet peppers and onions. It reminds me of my favorite CPK pizza. Thanks for the cream sauce idea, though.
      Lori

40 y.o. mom, wife and marketing manager

"Il faut manger pour vivre, et non pas vivre pour manger." -- Moliere ("One should eat to live, not live to eat.")

IC symptoms began Feb 2010; diagnosed Mar 2010

Treatments:

Oral
      Elmiron 3x day; Elavil 25 mg/day; Prelief (when I remember!); Benadryl and Prosed DS as needed for flares

Other
      Acupuncture 2x/month; yoga; IC Diet; meditation and breathing exercises for stress; heating pad for flares

Comment

Bumping this thread to say, my husband made this pizza for us last night, and it is, without a doubt, the best pizza I have ever had. Not best WHITE pizza... best pizza ever.

Thank you!
        Symtoms started July 2010.
        Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
        In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
        200 mg Elmiron in the morning
        100 mg Elmiron @ night
        Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
        If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

meResque thanks for the compliment I'm glad you enjoyed it!
          Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
          Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
          Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
          Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
          Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

We used to eat pizza at least twice a week back in the day (the day b4 IC). Now being on a low carb diet and no tomatoes, what a craving.

Anyway, in our supermarket, they have refrigerated pizza crusts that you can roll out. Found one that is all natural, with whole grains in it (flax, oats, etc.) and made a pie with grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, spinach, cream sauce and mozz and parm, garlic, oregano, s&p, extra virgin oo. Slapped it right on to a hot pizza stone for 15 and WOW. So awesome, and so healthy. The roasted red peppers kinda sorta taste like tomato, and it was real crunchy and chewy and extremely satisfying. One slice will fill you up.

Just a food find, the crust is unreal and has absolutely nothing in it that is unfriendly for us, so you might want to look for it, and experiment. Was truly an experience of utopian nature. Enjoy!

Comment

Discovery Health Pizza!

Last night I made this pizza from an episode of "Just Cook this!" with Sam the cooking guy on Discovery Health.

He keeps a Bobili-style pizza dough in his freezer (but I made my own homemade crust and baked it.) While it was baking I put in a pan: ****aki mushrooms, sliced with approx. 4 cups of fresh spinach. It will shrink up. I also added fresh garlic for more flavoring. Keep stirring! After the dough was a light brown color I took it out and added toppings:
              First, creamy goat cheese. Second, the mixture made stove-top. Third, fresh parmesan. After 10 minutes in the oven, it makes a yummy and healthy pizza! I just ate a slice for lunch a minute ago and can testify that it is yummy cold, too!

Comment

Re: Pizza with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

bump

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Re: Pizza with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

Hahahahaha!****take mushrooms! Would the software allow shi take mushooms? For a moment I thought it had been edited to remove a brand name.Sounds delicious-thanks Carole for bumping this!

Comment

Working...
                  X