Clear All

• Easy IC Style Tuna Sandwich-Bev Laumann

2 slices sandwich bread (IC friendly)
    1 can tuna (IC friendly)
    Butter
    salt
    1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
    red lettuce leaf

Spread butter generously on one side of each piece of bread. Drain the tuna and break up with a fork. Mix with the parsley and a dash of salt. Arrange tuna on one bread slice, top with lettuce and other bread slice.

***Note you can add one of my salad dressings to Bev's recipe. Try any one of the following already posted on this forum.
    -Cheese Lover Salad Dressing
    -Creamy Dill Salad Dressing
    -Cheesy Dill Salad Dressing
    Just mix with the Tuna and spread on bread****
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Is canned tuna okay? Have not tried it yet? What brand?

Comment

This would also work well with Valley Fresh Organic Canned Chicken.
      I usually mix the canned chicken with Philly Light Cream Cheese, a tiny bit of Marie's Lite Creamy Ranch dressing, and chopped celery or red bell pepper.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I use Laughing Cow cream cheese to make tuna salad. It helps hold the tuna together and adds a nice flavor.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

tpronti Yes just read the ingredient list to make sure there are no hidden ingredients. I use Raincoast which has tuna and salt. You can rinse the tuna to reduce the sodium. You can use one of my salad dressing recipes posted under dressings to put in the tuna. Suggestions as listed above.
          Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
          Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
          Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
          Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
          Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Where do you find that kind of tuna?

Comment

tpronti I buy it at the healthfood store. You can check the regular grocery store for canned tuna and read the ingredients,I believe some are IC friendly. I eat mainly organic and buy most of my food at the healthfood store so I am not that familiar with regular brands.

Tried:

Take:

Comment

If you have a trader joes in your area the tuna there is good. Only tuna and salt. It's the blue can.

Comment

Thanks for your response about tuna!!!!

Comment

Re: Tuna

Is there any reason why a person with IC should avoid mayonnaise? l like tuna, but I always make it with a little mayo.

Cat

Comment

Mayo has vinegar in it. I have made tuna salad with homemade hummus, or I blend up some cottage cheese with some ic friendly herbs and some olive oil to make a sauce.
                      I think it's really what you can tolerate. Hope that helps!!

Comment

Mayo

Thanks Simplicity, I didn't realize mayo was made with vinegar.

Cat

Comment

Re: Mayo

I know this is an old thread, but I was surprised that no one mentioned substituting avocado for mayonnaise. Delicious, if you can get over the green color!

Also, check out Polar tuna. It is on the more expensive side, but it is solid albacore, like the tuna you'd remember as a kid. Also, preservative free. I've seen it occasionally in the grocery store, but Amazon has it as subscribe & save item.

Comment

Working...
                          X