lunch packing ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunch packing ideas?

anyone have some ideas of good things to pack for lunch?

i'm getting bored of my usual rotation of turkey sandwich after turkey sandwich...
    Jessica - 22 years old in Washington DC

Symptoms began Sept 2010
    Diagnosed Sep 2011 (after being prescribed every antibiotic possible)

Currently Trying:
    -Diet
    -Cysta-Q

“Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone...”

Cottage cheese, a chopped pear or blueberries & homemade granola.
    Spinach salad with a chopped pear, dates, feta cheese, almonds & dressing made from either blueberry juice or pear juice mixed with canola oil.
    Leftovers from dinner
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I bring all kinds of things here are some them. Let me know if you need recipes. If you cook in bulk you can have lunches for weeks.

From Scratch:homemade potpie,lasagna(nomato sauce),stuffed peppers(recipe posted here),cabbage rolls(recipe posted here),soups,stews,meatballs with a salad,baked beans,stuffed tortillas(my recipe is posted here),chicken/tuna/egg salad sandwiches,stuffed mushrooms,Shepherd's Pie(my recipe is posted here),garlic Shrimp with a salad,Salad with cottage cheese and fruit

Not from Scratch: Grilled cheese with a side of fruit,nitrate free weiners with a side of cutup veggies,scrambled eggs with a side of Nitrate free bacon or a fried egg sandwhich with cheese,cucumber/red pepper,cheese sandwich(it's amazing),Pasta with grilled veggies,rice with grilled veggies,Steak with grilled veggies.

I could go on and on. Let me know if you need anymore suggestions or recipes.
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
      Naproxen:for pain as needed
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

carole

Carole...have I told you...lately...that I love...YOUR CREATIVE BRAIN...you come up with the most delicious recipes that sometimes I forget I'm on the IC diet altogether. You should seriously compact all these recipes into a book and sell it!!! And the no-mato sauce is genius!!! But now you got me salivating over that red pepper, cucumber, egg & cheese sandwich...YUM!!!

Love you Carole!!!
        ~Ashley
        Diagnosed with IC, IBS-D, & Bulging disk on L5
        Possible PFD, CFS, Fibromyalgia, VV, & Arthritis
        Currently taking:
        -Quercetin (twice a day)
        -D-Mannose (daily)
        -Calcium supplements (daily)
        -Cystex (as needed)
        -Lysene [mouth ulcers - genetic] (as needed)
        No longer taking:
        -CystaQ (too expensive)
        -Cystoprotek (flares worsened)
        -NuvaRing (irritated my womanly walls)
        -Lexapro (didn't work for me)
        -Effexor 37.5mg
        -Rescue Instills: 8ml Heparin, 8ml Lidocaine, 3ml Sodium Bicarbonate
        -Xanax
        -Uribel
        -Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Personal Gele

Comment

astone0611 you are so kind with your words thank you so much. I am thinking about doing a cookbook. I have been compiling recipes should I decide to. Sounds like you made my nomato sauce. I love it. I almost cried the first time I was able to have spaghetti. I thought I would never get to eat it again. I just made the sauce again lastweek and made spaghetti and meatballs,cabbage rolls,lasagna and stuffed pepper with the Nomato batch I made. Oh and yes that red pepper,cucumber and cheese sandwich is great. If can tolerate mayo put some on otherwise if can tolerate plain yogurt use that instead. You can also use one of my salad dressing recipes I have posted as a spread. Again thanks for the kind words.
          Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
          Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
          Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
          Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
          Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

I know this may not fit for luch ideas, I carry a bag of nuts at all times, I have low blood sugar.

I make my own comb, almonds, cashews, dried no preservative, no sugar coconut ribbons, macadamin nuts sometimes (a bit expensive) and or pistacios nuts (you can buy bags of shelled one at Walmart and Costco.

Cut up cheese that I can eat.

Cut up cucumbers with soft mosserella cheese with a bit of oil, you can season to taste.

For a change you can use tortlia shells to make wrapps, I find you can add more of a variety of veggies in them than a sandwhich, I sometimes make a salad with nuts and cheese in it and then put in a wrap.

I don't do spices or spreads of any kinds due to allergies, but you could add what works for you.

In a pinch hard boiled eggs work for me.

I also when cooking dinner, chicken, beef what ever cook extra to use for lunch the next day.

I am sure you have thought of most of these ideas before but sometimes we get in a rut and forget some ideas.

MG

PS I hate makeing packed lunches
            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

I second the idea of Carole making a cookbook.
              Symtoms started July 2010.
              Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
              In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
              200 mg Elmiron in the morning
              100 mg Elmiron @ night
              Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
              If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

Carole,

Hello I was wondering if yu had time if you would send me your homemade potpie,lasagna(nomato sauce),stuffed peppers receipes??

Thanks,
                Beverly

Comment

Carole,

Thanks! I found the reciepes! They sound yummy!! Can't wait to try them.

Thanks,
                  Beverly

Comment

Beverly001 I also make the stuffed peppers with the Nomato sauce. I make the Lasagna with the Nomato sauce. Not sure if my Lasagna or Potpie recipes are posted. I'll check.

Tried:

Take:

Comment

thanks everyone! these are some great ideas
                      Jessica - 22 years old in Washington DC

Symptoms began Sept 2010
                      Diagnosed Sep 2011 (after being prescribed every antibiotic possible)

Currently Trying:
                      -Diet
                      -Cysta-Q

“Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone...”

Comment

Where can I find your recipes? What is nomato sauce?

Comment

tpronti my recipes are posted here under IC diet recipes. Nomato is a tomato sauce without tomatoes. Here is my Nomato Marinara recipe.

4 Red Peppers
                          1/3 cup olive oil
                          Clean and cut peppers in half. Coat each half with olive oil. On each half add the following:
                          1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
                          1/2 tsp Basil
                          1/2 tsp Oregano
                          1/2 tsp Parsley(If can tolerate)
                          1/4 tsp Pepper(if can tolerate)
                          1/4 tsp Salt(or as tolerated)
                          Bake in oven at 450 degrees until tender. Cool completely.Peel skin off and set aside.

Puree the following in a blender
                          1 14oz can sliced Beets(or 2 cups cooked)
                          1 14oz can IC friendly Pears(drained and rinsed)
                          1 14oz can sweet potatoes(or 2 cups cooked)
                          1 Cup pure Pear Juice(make sure IC friendly)
                          Add roasted Red Peppers

Pour the above into a large pot. Add the following:
                          1 tsp Garlic Powder
                          1tsp Pepper(if can tolerate)
                          1 tsp Salt(or as tolerated)
                          2 tsp Basil
                          2 tsp Oregano
                          1 1/2 cups sliced Mushrooms
                          3 Cloves crushed Garlic

In frying pan add:
                          2 Tblsp Olive Oil
                          1 medium chopped onion(if can tolerate or can use chives)
                          1 large choppe Green Pepper(if can tolerate otherwise use red)
                          1 Large chopped Celery Stalk
                          Fry until tender then add to sauce pot.

In frying pan brown 1 1/2 pounds of Ground Beef and add to sauce.
                          Simmer on stove top for at least 1 hour so the flavors will develop. Add more seasoning as desired and to taste/tolerance.

***NOTE: You can add Nitrate free sausage,canned Parmesan(which is the most tolerated),Feta or any other cheese you can tolerate to increase flavor. The key is to add lots of seasoning and extras to get a great flavor***

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Working...
                          X