Bean cakes in lettuce wraps or corn tortillas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean cakes in lettuce wraps or corn tortillas

Super ez recipe! Very healthy and filling.
    Dairy free, gluten free, no added oil, lotsa fiber, all whole foods, and vegan

1 can beans drained and rinsed (I use pinto, black, or kidney beans)
    1/4 cup water
    1 cup dry oatmeal (not instant)
    1/2 cup or more shredded raw carrots or sweet potato
    1/2 cup roasted and peeled red bell pepper(optional)
    1/4 cup minced parsley or cilantro (optional)
    Salt, or pepper, coconut aminos, or any herbs and seasonings that you like

Rinse and drain beans then put in glass bowl with 1/4 cup water
    Microwave til very hot
    Mash the beans with a potato or bean masher, or a large fork or large spoon
    Mix in everything else
    Season with salt, pepper and other herbs to taste
    Put in fridge for 1 hr or overnite to set

Preheat oven to 425 F
    Line a cookie sheet or other oven safe pan with parchment paper
    Make bean cake patties whatever size you like ( I make mine about 3 in diameter) and arrange with space between each on parchment paper
    Place in oven and Cook for about 15-20 mins then turn them over and cook another 15 mins or so til both sides are browned and toasty outside , but still soft inside. You can also cook them in a preheated non stick or iron skillet no oil needed, but I've found the oven baked on parchment paper turn out better.

Eat them hot or let cool. They're great at room temp and even cold. They travel well when packed for a lunch to go, even without an ice pack they are fine for several hours.

I serve them in romaine leaves or corn tortillas. Topped with avocado, shredded cabbage, and whatever kind of topping you want. Roasted red bell pepper sauce in lieu of hot sauce works great. .

Dairy free roasted red bell pepper sauce:

2 Red bell peppers, roasted, skinned, and deseeded
    2 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
    1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews or raw unsalted sunflower seeds, soaked in water for 30 mins to soften

Drain cashews or sunflower seeds. Put everything in blender and purée til smooth. You may need to add a small splash of water, maybe not. (If you add too much water you can always thicken it by cooking it down In a saucepan). Salt to taste if you use salt.
    Last edited by Briza; 03-22-2015, 01:25 PM.

Re: Bean cakes in lettuce wraps or corn tortillas with dairyfree roasted red pepper s

you always post such healthy recipes!
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
    X