• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Lovers Salad Dressing

2 Tblsp Cream
    1 Tbslp Cream Cheese(IC friendly)
    1/2 Tblsp Feta Cheese
    1 Tsp Parmesan Cheese(canned is the most tolerated)

Mix all ingredients together and heat in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Cool and serve.

Serves 1
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Thanks!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Carole and Kadi you two helped me in the past when I was first diagnosed and cruising the threads. Thank -you. I just realize I have to put more effort into cooking so I stay on the diet and feel good. Is the parmesan in the shaker can really ok? It does have preservatives in it. I have been grating my own fresh but it's not real fine. How do most icers do with curry?

Comment

auggie thank you for your words of encouragement. Parmesan in the can(I use Kraft) is the most tolerated. I tend to be very sensitive to cheeses but do ok with the can Parmesan(in small amounts). It is because the can Parmesan is not aged as long as the fresh. It is trial and error so try with caution(in small amounts). I have made the dressing above without the Parmesan and it tastes just as good so if you are worried just leave it out. If you want to use the fresh you have been ok with that's fine too. It will melt when you heat everything anyway. I would be very leary to try curry. I loved Thai food before IC but have not tried any of it since being diagnosed. My bladder pains from Tumeric which is on the try it list so I wouldn't dare try curry which is on the caution list. Best of luck!
        Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
        Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch

Take:
        Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
        Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
        Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Re: Cheese Lovers Salad Dressing

bump

Tried:

Take:

Comment

Working...
          X