Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earthlady
    replied
    The roasted red bell pepper sauce I make isn't as thick as a tomato sauce and it can be a little bland. I usually use a lot of oregano and fresh garlic and sometimes french thyme also. I can handle a lot of spice as long as it's not chipotle or hot peppers so I guess it depends on what spices you can tolerate. But overall the bell pepper sauce is usually thinner and milder than a tomato sauce.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    I tried this exactly to the recipe suggested and it turned out awful. I must have done something wrong, but it was tasteless watery and orange!

Hope others had better luck with it than I did!

Any advice?

Thanks,

Claire

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    It's spaghetti with roasted red bell pepper sauce for dinner tonight! I had totally forgotten about using this for spaghetti sauce until I was reminded by this thread. I was just missing my spaghetti so much lately. I used to make bunches of it and freeze it when red peppers came in season locally. So glad I was reminded.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I CANT WAIT to have spaggettie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• fmcbride
    replied
    Red Peppers

Thanks for the recipe. Your post and this forum gives me inspiration to deal with a 'not so fun' situation.

Leave a comment:

• vwfaerie
    replied
    Thanks

I can't wait to try this. I miss tomato's and pizza and spaghetti so bad.

Leave a comment:

• fmcbride
    replied
    Thank you LeeLee88-
    Will try.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    Red peppers make a great sauce. I roast mine in the broiler oven and blend with fresh garlic and olive oil in the blender and I like it better than tomato sauce. It's good on top of breaded eggplant.

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    This sounds great. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    started a topic Red Bell Pepper Sauce

Red Bell Pepper Sauce

3 Red Bell Peppers
    I Table Spoon of Pesto Sauce
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Boil Red Bell Peppers for about 45 minutes then put them in cold water.
    Peel the Peppers then blend them in a food processor or a blender.
    Add the Pesto Sauce..
    Heat on stove until it becomes a little thinker and use on Pizza crust or for a red sauce on spaghetti..
Working...
X