OMG Awesome Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Awesome Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

This recipe is amazing. I had it with pasta and I'm using it for a lasagne tomorrow night! Only thing I did was roasted 4 large peppers instead of 2 and used 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 instead of 2 cups. I think it would have been too thin otherwise. Enjoy!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roasted...r-cream-sauce/
    My current regimen:
    Dancing, Laughing, Petting Emily and Louise - my shihtzus

Tried and gave up on:
    Diazepam
    PFD
    Warm Baths
    Millions of supplements
    Elmiron instillations - did 5 weekly instills and did not help. Gave up.
    Oxytrol patch - no consistent relief after 3 weeks and very expensive
    Sanctura XR - tried for 6 weeks with no consistent relief
    Imipramine - tried for a week, but started to have a "hesitant" void - kind of twitchy.
    PTNS - doctor's office was disorganized, appts took hours and gave up after 4 treatments
    Vaginal valium suppositories - not as effective as taking valium orally
    Cystoprotek - ridiculously overpriced - taking same supplements from CVS
    Elmiron - 100mg in the morn, 200mg in the late afternoon - no results after 1 year
    Elavil - 25 mg at night- no consistent relief and 5 extra pounds
    IV Vitamin C - the only person with an allergic reaction to Vitamin C drips
    Hormones

Re: OMG Awesome Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

Thanks going to try this tomorrow for dinner x
    27 y.o mother of 2 in the UK.

Bladder problems since the age of 17. Recurrent UTI (thankfully none since the Dec 2012 UTI which triggered these symptoms off) and my GP strongly suspects IC, had ultrasound and awaiting diagnosis via cystoscopy and hydrodistention.

Symptoms are - painful bladder, frequency and urgency, bladder spasms, urethra pain "twinges", pelvic pain, pressure feeling in bladder.

Tried - Ditropan (did nothing but no side effects either - took for 4 months), Vesicare (didn't work - caused retention) Magnesium and Calcium (did nothing - took for 1 month).

Currently trying - Probiotics, PH balance, Cod Liver Oil and, D-Mannose before and after intercourse, ****** ********* method for reducing risk of UTI, Contraceptive Pill for my PCOS and cycle control. I mainly follow the IC diet and also elimination diet.

Comment

I had this for dinner tonight and it was great! I am not a huge fan of peppers (I'm a really picky eater, but now that I am on the IC diet I am learning to like some new things) but I think it had a good taste and for the pasta lover in my it was a great sub for marinara or vodka cream sauce.

I used two peppers and only did one cup of half and half. I wish that so many of these recipes didn't have so much heavy whipping cream and half and half. Yummy, but not helpful for my girlish figure =p
      About me: 23 year old female. Diagnosed with IC on 1/30/14

Current Medications: Elmiron 100mg 3 times per day before meals | Urelle 4 times per day (as needed) | Macrodantin- as needed after intercourse | Birth Control Pill

Symptoms: Urgency/frequency that worsens at night, (unbearable) pain (burning) during and after intercourse, burning/discomfort during period, side pains, and cramps. I have to go to the bathroom about every hour during the day, and I usually only wake up once during the night to go to the bathroom.

History: May 2011- Ovarian cyst removal. Frequent Bladder infections from May 2011- February 2012. Three lactobacillus infections from September 2011-February 2012. Pain has not left since February 2012.
      Tried IC diet in February 2013 with no improvements at all.
      Tried pelvic floor Physical Therapy with minimal improvements

Self-Help: Hot showers before bed. Sleeping with heating pad. Currently on the IC diet since mid Feb 2014. No improvements yet.

Comment

yum. I'm going to try this!
        ----------------------------------------------------
        My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
        25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
        culturelle in the morning
        SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
        zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
        Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
        uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
        No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

I hope this is good. I read the reviews over on the allrecipes site and many of them said it was bland until things like red pepper flakes, onions and cayenne were added.

Hoping this will appease me and help me not miss tomato sauce so much!

Experienced first symptoms in 2007
          Diagnosed with IC 6/13

Diagnosed with PFD (Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) 8/13

Medications: .5 mg. Ativan, occasionally for spasms

Supplements: DH Aloe Vera capsules, 3 per day for maintenance and 6-12 per day during flares

Following Strict IC Diet

Comment

I made this tonight for dinner for the first time and it was AWESOME!! I used 2 large red peppers and 1 large yellow pepper (for a little added sweetness). It was the first time I'd ever roasted a vegetable in my life. It was a lot of work and really time consuming (the entire process took me about 2 hours), but it turned out so yummy. I will definitely make it again. Some things I learned along the way:

1) line the baking sheet with aluminum foil first. If you don't use aluminum foil, roasting the peppers will absolutely ruin your pan.
            2) to roast, instead of broiling, set your oven on 500 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes, then using tongs, turn the peppers and cook another 20 minutes.
            3) serve over penne pasta. Mix the pasta and sauce well in a bowl so the sauce can get all inside the holes of the pasta. Delish!
            (I added some garlic powder to mine when I added the pats of butter at the end, too).

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

I have made the Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce many times in the past 6 months. Although I love it, I always felt there was something missing. When I made it this past weekend, it hit me what it was. When I used to eat homemade spaghetti sauce, I always added about 1 teaspoon of sugar. So this time when I made the Red Pepper Cream Sauce, I did the same thing. That was it!! The sauce was good before but it's even better now.

Comment

This sauce works really well on a homemade beef & bean burrito, too. Since I can't use taco sauce anymore, my burritos were sorely lacking in flavor. But I thought I'd just try this sauce tonight on my burritos to see how it tasted. You know what? I think I've found the missing link! On a burrito.... it's pretty good!

Comment

Yes the small amount of sugar added makes a big difference! I did this too because it always seemed there was something missing in my roasted red pepper sauce.

Comment

Working...
                  X